My DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Her swing needs work. Any suggestions. Be nice she turns 13 today!

IMHO her sequence looks pretty good...... she just lacks functional strength and explosiveness.

And Happy Birthday!!!

Photo%20Sep%2006%2C%204%2040%2026%20PM.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019
IMHO her sequence looks pretty good...... she just lacks functional strength and explosiveness.

And Happy Birthday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. We are working on that, she is my stick figure.
She just went in as a pitcher in the 2nd inning losing and gave up 1 run in two inning for her team to pull out the win.

wish I could have been there to watch but gotta work.

May 12, 2016
1. Most important, Happy Bday! Hope she haves a good 1
2. Nice hit!
3. I agree with others, strength training would help
4. Learn to use the midsection better. See below;

gif (1).gif gif (2).gif

Wright's midsection is torqued and ready to explode. Also look at Wright's back leg, it get's straightened into heel plant because it's being pulled, he's in a power position, nothing is being leaked. Bottom half is still connected with top half(using the ground well). I believe your daughter can leverage the ground/midsection better to help power the swing. Start earlier and slower and utilize the midsection better.. I'm just a softball parent, not a coach/expert, JMHO.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
They called Williams the Splendid Splinter for a reason. My kid is a stick too but the reason she cannot hit has nothing to do with that. Note, I am not saying OP's DD cannot hit just saying you can be a great hitter and be a stick...

Oct 2, 2017
First off happy birthday!

This is just my opinion.but she is stuck on the backside and just turning from there. Therefore not transferring her her weight into the ball

Nov 6, 2019
Thank you all for the comments. I will try to work with her on firing her hips through better. We have a batting cage in the yard and she loves to go out and hit when we have time.

She is in 7th grade so hopefully the school weight lifting program will start building some core strength soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802