My DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Yeah swing is around the ball and not through.. fixing the lead elbow will help, posture will help improve barrel path as well.

Explanation of posture for better understanding

Drills to help focus on posture, also you can see @ 38 secs how the front elbow extends away from the body, not wrapping around the body(currently happening to your DD)

Staying connected, I think this will help your DD as well, will help maintain proper angle with front elbow

Not trying to make your DD into a robot :). These are isolation drills to help your DD understand and get a better feel.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The hands should stay on the toe line or close to it. What you don’t want is the hands getting trapped behind the back shoulder. Can cause quite a few flaws. This hitter likes to load the hands back first. Something to think about and monitor.

May 12, 2016
The hands should stay on the toe line or close to it. What you don’t want is the hands getting trapped behind the back shoulder. Can cause quite a few flaws. This hitter likes to load the hands back first. Something to think about and monitor.
what hitter?

Nov 6, 2019
DD had two hitting coaches teach her to load her hands back. One with a national championship and the other a former D1 player from Baylor.

Jul 29, 2013
No legs. All arms. Gotta get into that front leg and push backwards out of it to get the legs to drive the swing instead of the arms.

May 12, 2016
Lost of good advice on here OP, my advice about all the advice :);
  • Don't over complicate things. Too much at once will just end up frustrating your DD.
  • Pick one thing and work on her with it. Don't forget to mix in the fun aspect as well.
  • Don't expect too much, look for small improvements
  • Your DD doesn't need to have a perfectly technical swing to be successful or even a great hitter
  • Don't forget the mental side of the game, we get so wrapped up in technical aspects that we forget probably the most important side to hitting. Hitters approach can make all the difference.
Just my two cents based on lessons I learned the hard way. :)

Edit: 1 more, before asking your DD to do anything, pick a bat and try yourself. Ask yourself, do this make sense?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
miguel-cabrera-side.gif

69c23fd15a36967633ecffaf63d6f22abd0aa92e.gifv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802