My DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Well, you better stop that for now and correct the level too the ball swing.
69c23fd15a36967633ecffaf63d6f22abd0aa92e.gifv

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019
Looks armsy to me, like she's pulling the bat through. All that head movement is a result of her using her shoulders to power it.
I'd focus on getting separation, starting the swing with the core/hips (I'm not getting involved in the core vs hips debate, lol), holding that rear elbow back a bit longer, waiting until after the hips start to release it.
re: the lead elbow crashing down, I like the cue 'rotate the box'. Like your forearms make up the sides of a box and you're going to rotate the box 90 deg. It's like turn the barrel, but kids understand it.
And belated happy birthday!

Nov 6, 2019
Looks armsy to me, like she's pulling the bat through. All that head movement is a result of her using her shoulders to power it.
I'd focus on getting separation, starting the swing with the core/hips (I'm not getting involved in the core vs hips debate, lol), holding that rear elbow back a bit longer, waiting until after the hips start to release it.
re: the lead elbow crashing down, I like the cue 'rotate the box'. Like your forearms make up the sides of a box and you're going to rotate the box 90 deg. It's like turn the barrel, but kids understand it.
And belated happy birthday!
I agree with you, we are working on getting her to fire the hips and core before the arms. She has improved there a lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom