Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
At this point your DD needs to listen to the trainers at school. It's better to sit and miss a few early season games rather than aggravate the injury further and lose her when the important part of the seaon comes around. Conference play.

She's in college. It's up to her and the trainers to manage her body and help heal it for her.

Jun 11, 2012
DD played the better part of her senior soccer season in HS with a moderately sprained ankle. She has no issue weight bearing but basically kept rolling the same ankle. The trainer taped her before every game and the ortho got her a great brace that offers far mor support than what you can buy in a drug store. That combined with lots of ice after games and it healed fine.
She’s a lefty center fielder who is pretty quick. She still wears the brace to practice and games over 2 years later. At this point I think it’s more of a security blanket than anything else.
I’d make sure her coach and trainer are aware of the injury and go from there. It’s possible she’ll be able to play with no issues but also likely she might have to sit some and let it heal.

May 11, 2018
tell her to use arnika gel, its an over the counter item. i had many injuries when i played hockey and was my got to remedy. my DD uses it after practices if something is bothering her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45