My Catcher-Beast

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Dang Eric, too bad your daughter used our team as a highlight reel, lol. I'm bummed out I missed this game. Looks like Maddie doing great behind the plate. Till next time

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

Looking very efficient with still some more reduction in transfer time possible by glove and hand staying high with transfer occurring shoulder high rather than belt high. Scary to think (from an opponents perspective!) how good she could be in another 3 or 4 years!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Dang Eric, too bad your daughter used our team as a highlight reel, lol. I'm bummed out I missed this game. Looks like Maddie doing great behind the plate. Till next time

That was the only game Maddie caught that day, so your team wins by default ;) She's also battling to establish herself on a new team with two other solid catchers, and is pushing herself to be undeniable. Although she showed some good skills, she's even better than that (IMO...dad opinion)

Next time our kids share dirt, I hope we will both be there to enjoy the show. :)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Looking very efficient with still some more reduction in transfer time possible by glove and hand staying high with transfer occurring shoulder high rather than belt high. Scary to think (from an opponents perspective!) how good she could be in another 3 or 4 years!

Agreed...and thanks for the kind words. She has some habits that are still costing her 10ths. We are working on it. She has a session with Janelle Lindvall tomorrow, and this will be a focus area of work.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Maddie was behind the dish on Sunday night, playing against a girl who has been a friend, classmate, and occasional teammate going back to their first 8U team. Maddie was extra fired-up to show off her gun.

The ump seemed to like what she was doing, too. LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802