My 14yo DD update

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2010
As you all know my DD and I have had an ongoing series of updates on here, here is the latest. Like any journey, and developing a high level swing is a journey, we hit a few bumps in the road. Brooke's swing off the tee and even front toss was pretty darn good but she was having a hard time taking it into the game consistently.

We couldn't get over that mental hump and it was starting to frustrate the both of us. I decided to send FFS some private messages and he nailed it for us.

A couple of weeks ago she got asked to go with the HS Varsity team to a camp in which they play other HS's. She will be a freshman this year. She managed to hit her first 2 HR's ever during game action and she's been killing the ball ever since. I've seen her grow so much in these last couple of weeks. There will be more bumps but we will be ready for them now.

As a parent we all want what's best for our kids and we hate to see them get frustrated or fail. Just remember that FAILURE is a very important part of the journey and without it you will never find the answers to your destination. My personal wish to all my fellow parents and coaches is that you and your child reach your destination together.

On a side note I want to publicly thank Chris (FFS) and many others for taking the time to help my DD out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478