Multiple gloves of the same size, what's you and your DD's favorite?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Obviously it's 12" here at our house! Had a forum member ask me about a specific 12" glove of mine, thought I'd put them together for a family photo! Besides, everyone loves glove pics.......right?View attachment 14841
We prefer bigger gloves 12.75-13. Having said that there are different “cuts”. We have a 13” Mizuno Franchise that is huge and the girls don’t like it and won’t use it. Liberty Advanced 13” H web with Worth Century series 13” for back-up. 2nd girl 12.75 Easton Stealth Pro with Worth Century Series 12.5 as back-up.
The one thing I don’t like about Rawlings gloves is they leave the laces way too long. Always have to cut them down by about half.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The one thing I don’t like about Rawlings gloves is they leave the laces way too long. Always have to cut them down by about half.
See, I prefer them longer, you can always trim them but you can’t add them back. I can’t stand them when they’re trimmed an inch from the knot, if you need to untie them for any reason, they’re harder to work with!

Apr 28, 2019
See, I prefer them longer, you can always trim them but you can’t add them back. I can’t stand them when they’re trimmed an inch from the knot, if you need to untie them for any reason, they’re harder to work with!
Yeah I get what your saying but I don’t want to get poked in the eye or slapped in the face by my glove. I may be exaggerating slightly but just too damn long from the factory. Almost seems unfinished like they slipped by quality control.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yeah I get what your saying but I don’t want to get poked in the eye or slapped in the face by my glove. I may be exaggerating slightly but just too damn long from the factory. Almost seems unfinished like they slipped by quality control.
Thumb & pinky, trimmed 4” from the knot.
Wrist button lap, trimmed 3” from the knot.
Base of the web, trimmed 3”+ from main web knot.

Dec 11, 2010
Love the classic looks of those Rawlings. Very nice gloves. I think I had a Trap-Eze web glove when I was a kid.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Re-laced the wrist, treated the liner & opening binding with Obenauf’s, and beat on the heel & web base for about 5 minutes.

Then me and Anna had one last 10 minute throw before it got dark. For the first time, I used my 12” Easton Small Batch #26, got to say (and you didn’t hear this from me) this SB#26 is a nicer glove than our new Pro1000 :oops: And it’s a BRICK!

If you ever see one of these come up for sale, do not hesitate!! Might be tough though, recently heard from a very reliable source that only 15 of these gloves were made!

Eric, aka the Glove Cowboy did an incredible job on the Small Batch line, he’s since moved over to Marucci.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478