Mud in the Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
DD is playing her first year of 14U, which means spikes. She likes them so far, but this past weekend she pitched (in practice) for the first time in some sloppy conditions and got mud caked on the bottom of her shoes. Then she started sliding all over the place and had a tough time with location.

I went home and ordered these wire brushes from Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B06W2PMDPK
They look like they'll do the trick, but does anyone have a pick or brush that they particularly like?

Jul 3, 2013
DD is playing her first year of 14U, which means spikes. She likes them so far, but this past weekend she pitched (in practice) for the first time in some sloppy conditions and got mud caked on the bottom of her shoes. Then she started sliding all over the place and had a tough time with location.

They look like they'll do the trick, but does anyone have a pick or brush that they particularly like?
A $350 bat works well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jan 5, 2018
PNW

Spray the bottoms with pam no stick cooking spray. was suggested to us...surprisingly it worked pretty well. Your results may vary.

Sep 9, 2019
What happened to the old tongue depressed or popsicle stick? Or am I just aging myself?

Jul 14, 2018
What happened to the old tongue depressed or popsicle stick? Or am I just aging myself?

That's what I used to use, but I figured that in today's game of $350 bats there must be some new-fangled gadget that I hadn't heard about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802