Mud in the Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2013
You beat me to it........that sound just makes me cringe! It's absolute music to the bat vendor's ears that are set up outside the fields at tournaments!

As DD was growing up and moving through bat sizes, I would buy her older model used bats. Trying to filter through all the options and avoid ones with huge cleat marks was frustrating.

Bats, gloves, helmets, pads, catching gear get enough abuse from normal use. They don't need extra help from cleats, concrete or fence poles. DD's 2018 Ghost has a broken end cap now. Thinks it happened at a dome tourney last month, when a teammate tossed her bat towards the dugout and it landed on concrete.

Jul 3, 2013
And then she covered her mouth, said whoops, and went about her day! Oh well, not my bat.....or problem! :mad:

Exactly, DD didn't see it until they were clearing out the dugout. Bright side of this, though. She's been using the "team" 2020 ghost since then, a 34/24 that literally no one else uses. Through 8 games she was hitting .000, last 10 she's on fire. Now leads team in avg, slg, and rbis.