Moving up to 8U Coach Pitch.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2012
Texas
I have an 8U team and we have quite a few kids who are moving up from t-ball and some of them are having trouble adjusting to getting pitched to. Any suggestions on how to kind of shorten the learning curve? We currently are doing hitting stations each practice with tees and different variations of front toss.

Mar 6, 2016
My advice, pitch with some pace, with minimal arc to the pitch. Lobbing the ball slowly only makes hitting more difficult for 8u. Coach needs to practice pitching, and learn to be consistent.

This^^^^^ The biggest mistake beginning 8u coaches do when they go in to pitch is thrpw too slow or lob with arc. Underhand pitch the ball so ot stays as flat as possible.

I was actually asked by my league back with my older daughter in 8u to do a Coach Pitch Clinic...lol. It seemed so obvious that a straight flat pitch is easier for young girls to hit, but many coaches try to loop it too much.

Parents will get mad at you and tell you to throw it "slower" . Don't do it. Throw w pace and flat Girls will get better and time it easier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee