Moving up to 10u a little early.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there after next spring.

Yup.

But pay attention now. Don't be left wondering what teams to try out for once you've decided you need a new team. Have those teams already selected, know which need pitchers, and even better chit chat with the coach if you can at tournaments.

May 13, 2021
Updating this thread again, maybe more for my benefit in the future than anything else. Our fall season ended last weekend. DD although not what I would call a good 10u pitcher made progress. She pitched better in the last tournament than she did in the first one. Less wild pitches, less HBP, and the pitches that weren't strikes were closer to the strike zone. Little by little she is slowly improving. Now for a little break and start trying to get a little better before spring. Her hitting is also improving which is mostly attributed to just being less scared at the plate she went 6 for 6, 5 singles and a double.

May 13, 2021
Update: Our season with the her 10u team ended a couple weeks ago. The last month or so she picked up with a couple different 8u teams that are two of the better teams in this part of the country. Both of these teams will be moving up to 10u this fall. We have since joined one of those teams and will be playing with them the rest of this season finishing out the rest of there 8u season, and next season when they move up to 10u. Moving up early and playing 10u and getting some experience pitching helped her a lot, I have no regrets letting her move up early. She really got the best of both worlds a lot of experience pitching, and now getting to play a couple 8u tournaments before she ages up to 10u. I do feel like if she hadn't been a pitcher there would have been no real benefit in moving her up early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802