Moving up to 10u a little early.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
My DD wants to pitch, been taking lessons about 6 months. So she (we) after a lot of discussion including her PC decided to not play her last year of 8u and move up to 10u. We finished up this year last week at one of the tournaments on the gulf coast, and tried out for a brand new 10u team with a decent organization in our area, and she made the team. From the looks of tryouts they will probably be a middle of the road first year 10u team. Pretty confident she will get to pitch plenty. If not for the pitching aspect of this we would have probably stayed in 8u. Wish us luck on this transition, and me plenty of patience.

Oct 14, 2020
She's in for a learning experience, as you have considered some of those girls she'll play could be 2 or 3 years older than her. There are some 11 year olds who can and will crush 10u pitching, so positivity with her no matter what the results will be important. It's all a process and it'll hopefully make her better in years 2 and 3 of 10u.

Good luck to you both!

Jun 8, 2016
My DD wants to pitch, been taking lessons about 6 months. So she (we) after a lot of discussion including her PC decided to not play her last year of 8u and move up to 10u. We finished up this year last week at one of the tournaments on the gulf coast, and tried out for a brand new 10u team with a decent organization in our area, and she made the team. From the looks of tryouts they will probably be a middle of the road first year 10u team. Pretty confident she will get to pitch plenty. If not for the pitching aspect of this we would have probably stayed in 8u. Wish us luck on this transition, and me plenty of patience.
Will she be able to play when she isn't pitching?

May 16, 2016
Illinois
My daughter played 10u part time travel as a 8u player. The team had two 8u players, and the rest of the team was half 9u players and half 10u players. They played about 45 games that spring/summer. Every thing was local which included 4 tournaments, weekday games during the week and a couple round robins on various weekends. They were a very average 10u team. They probably won about 60% of their games.

No regrets. She pitched about 25% of the innings, and played Shortstop most of the other innings. The team had 6 girls that liked to pitch at the age level. Really only two pitchers that were solid. Great families are a very good group of coaches.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The more the better. Have seen multiple players forgo the mask after their HS season. This has to be, IMO, the dumbest coaching/ influence ever inflicted on fastpitch.
Parents still have the responsibility of their children regardless of the coach.
Parents don't hand over that responsibility just because of a coach.
Parents are the people who pay for the teams their children play on. There is no coach that can influence Beyond that parental decision.
Stop blaming coaches for what people choose to do or not. AKA what team they play for: there are plenty of silly coaching things that happen regardless of Fielding mask topic. Ultimately the decision of who to play for is still the parents!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812