Moving up as a team or moving on?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
So this isn’t happening just yet but just out of curiosity had this thought and want to discuss it.
Would you rather your DD stay with a team that moves up as a team and you can tell the bond is there? Or do you make the switch every so often?

As far the team aspect, it’s a team they joined that grew together, the coach is still challenging them, and all the girls just click.

Keep in mind this isn’t about how many games they win or what their status is. A team is so much more than a constant string of wins (don’t get me wrong I love winning) but rather the overall concept they gain of being on a team and building themselves up.
Age of this would help determine.
Without ETX saying anything to why at all they would consider leaving. Challenging and get along why leave?
Throw this out. If going to move up to 16u its time for showcasing. A coach who has already done this several years can be of value.

Nov 12, 2020
Age of this would help determine.
Without ETX saying anything to why at all they would consider leaving. Challenging and get along why leave?
Throw this out. If going to move up to 16u its time for showcasing. A coach who has already done this several years can be of value.

This isn’t an actual event within my situation. But more like a thinking for the future type mindset as a coach. I currently coach 10u and the way this is playing out they would all age up together.

But I agree, a coach that has experience in showcasing and other aspects can definitely be of value

Mar 10, 2020
This isn’t an actual event within my situation. But more like a thinking for the future type mindset as a coach. I currently coach 10u and the way this is playing out they would all age up together.

But I agree, a coach that has experience in showcasing and other aspects can definitely be of value
10u has much to learn. Learn first.
By 12u the crowd seperates more and you'll see where dd is at.

Jul 13, 2019
This has to do with BT3100's quote at the end of their comment, according to the quote it says that you can't teach or coach mental toughness. I think that you can. I don't think that it is easy to do, but you can do it. Baseball and softball are games that are filled with failure and as a coach you can try and help the kids deal with it. You have to be able to play the game one pitch at a time and not worry about what just happened, it's too late for that. You have to concentrate on what is about to happen. You have to have a short memory. I do agree with the last part of the quote I would rather have the pitcher that is mentally tougher over the speed pitcher, because eventually as you go up the ladder the competition will usually adjust to the speed, but the mentally tough pitcher can deal with adversity as it comes at her as it surely will at some point in the games. Check out "The Mental Game of Baseball" by H.A. Dorfman or anything that Ken Ravizza and Tom Hanson have done "Heads Up Baseball"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802