Moving from 10u to 12u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 15, 2019
I don’t know if this will help or if it is relevant but what you might find is that she can switch back and forth between both size balls almost at will. I was surprised how easily that happened.

What Rolling Hard said above, especially that first sentence, is also absolutely true and it is what I remember very clearly.
Thanks Westwood. She is actually doing that now and is doing well. 😁

Aug 15, 2019
If the team all ages up. Playing this fall at 10u won’t help the girls as much as all moving up will. If they stay down they will be playing younger teams. And if they move up they will be probably playing teams they would have played in the summer.
Very true. The bad thing is her current team isn’t moving up. Most of the girls are younger than mine. So if we move up we have no choice to leave. I don’t know why I feel so obligated to stay. 🤷

Aug 15, 2019
My opinion, playing 10U in the fall then having to go to 12U in the spring does not help the girls develop. They may do well against 10U competition but that's not who they will face come spring time. I've heard people call coaches that play down in the fall trophy hunters. Not saying this is the case and there might be valid reasons to play down.
Good point! I have heard that too. That’s not our goal. I just want her to develop.

Aug 15, 2019
i would say it all depends on your daughters size and if she is ahead of everyone else in her age group. usually the youngest player on a team gets the least amount of playtime.
My girl is pretty tall and is definitely one of the better players. I’d like to see her pitch and hit against better competition. Thanks!

Aug 15, 2019
My opinion, playing 10U in the fall then having to go to 12U in the spring does not help the girls develop. They may do well against 10U competition but that's not who they will face come spring time. I've heard people call coaches that play down in the fall trophy hunters. Not saying this is the case and there might be valid reasons to play down.
Especially considering there are no tournaments around here. 🙄

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Very true. The bad thing is her current team isn’t moving up. Most of the girls are younger than mine. So if we move up we have no choice to leave. I don’t know why I feel so obligated to stay. 🤷
Fall should be the prequel to next year. Not the sequel to this one. Move on with no bad feelings.

Jun 8, 2016
I would think most sanctions would require 09's to play 12's in the Fall...USSSA does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802