Most obnoxious parent

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
First game on Sunday morning last year at 11u Nationals in Des Moines, Iowa. I watched the head coach and 3 different parents get kicked out of a game. After the game was over, I thought the parents were going to have a Royal Rumble in the parking lot. They were arguing amongst themselves, not with our team. It was pretty amusing to say the least. We slaughter ruled that team from Oklahoma 9-1 in 5 innings. The team and parents complained about everything the entire game, you name it they complained about it. The parents started off with the cowbells, and the players on the bench had some kind of noise makers, a couple of the players had megaphones. The first parent got kicked out due to artificial noise makers. Probably the most childish group of people I have ever come across at a softball tournament.

I believe that game really fired the girls up. They ran off 6 games in a row to win 11u Nationals.

Apr 25, 2019
"Nobody better"

or the parent that starts chants and cheers in the stands. I typically like to leave the chants and cheers to the girls.

or the parent that steals pitch calls from the coach and yells them to the batter.

Jun 8, 2016
First game on Sunday morning last year at 11u Nationals in Des Moines, Iowa. I watched the head coach and 3 different parents get kicked out of a game. After the game was over, I thought the parents were going to have a Royal Rumble in the parking lot. They were arguing amongst themselves, not with our team. It was pretty amusing to say the least. We slaughter ruled that team from Oklahoma 9-1 in 5 innings. The team and parents complained about everything the entire game, you name it they complained about it. The parents started off with the cowbells, and the players on the bench had some kind of noise makers, a couple of the players had megaphones. The first parent got kicked out due to artificial noise makers. Probably the most childish group of people I have ever come across at a softball tournament.

I believe that game really fired the girls up. They ran off 6 games in a row to win 11u Nationals.
Their best player left the team shortly after that...probably not a coincidence.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Their pitcher was good, the girls really came to play that day. Was the SS their best player or was it the pitcher?
Not sure who pitched, but if it was Taylan, she was their best SS too. She is probably a better hitter than pitcher. The other kid who played SS can hit but wasn't a good defender. They moved her to 3rd in the Fall and picked up a kid from TX to play SS. Taylan is playing 14U now.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019
MN
"Nobody better"

or the parent that starts chants and cheers in the stands. I typically like to leave the chants and cheers to the girls.

or the parent that steals pitch calls from the coach and yells them to the batter.
Similar, had a dad who had complained/muscled his way to 14U HC position mid-season. When his DD pitched and things got intense in a deep count against a batter, he would yell out to her "C'mon! You're better than her!" More often than not she would give up the hit or walk so we all knew which girls were better than his daughter. :rolleyes:

Jun 7, 2016
" every time the opposing team would make an error he would go into curly from three stooges mode and yell out Woob Woob Woob Woob Woob. "

I always, even now at 18u, get a bit steamed when team fans cheer when a player makes an error. (Yes, I understand it allows your team to continue to rally or capitalize). Never understood why a parent goes apeshit like their DD just hit a grand slam when someone elses DD just had a brainfart. Unseemly.

Sep 19, 2018
Basket ball tourney. Something weird happened (maybe the team we were supposed to play left???) and our 3rd grade team was playing against a team at least 2 years older. It was quickly 40 something to 2. The parents on the other team continued to yell, scream and go completely nutz at every basket the whole game. Really, the kids are not humiliated enough already being down 40+ points? Really, you are that excited about your child beating children clearly years younger than yours?

Just kind of silly.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Basket ball tourney. Something weird happened (maybe the team we were supposed to play left???) and our 3rd grade team was playing against a team at least 2 years older. It was quickly 40 something to 2. The parents on the other team continued to yell, scream and go completely nutz at every basket the whole game. Really, the kids are not humiliated enough already being down 40+ points? Really, you are that excited about your child beating children clearly years younger than yours?

Just kind of silly.

As DD has gotten older and more involved with competitive sports I can see a big difference in parents who did and did not play sports growing up. Obviously, there are always the exceptions. Usually it’s the parents who didn’t grow up in sports who do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Parents who have their kid switch teams every year, or every season. Because you know, level up. My kid is going pro.

There are certainly legitimate reasons to change, but yeah. Especially when a kid gets older, and they've not spent more than one year on the same team, there's something going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802