Most important tournament to win out of the year?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Which tournament would you consider to be the most important tournament of the year to win?

Being that my daughter is only 9 year old I am pretty new to the softball world and I am learning as I go. Is there one tournament that is hands down the best tournament to win? It seems like the PGF National Championships are the biggest followed by the IDT. Would that be a pretty accurate assessment? If there is a lot more to it than that please enlighten me.

If you have a list of top 5 tournaments to compete in feel free to share.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
With new World Series being added it has dulluted the talent at any one tournament. Here are 5 good ones in no particular order.

PGF
IDT
USA Elite
JO Cup
Triple Crown

Mar 26, 2013
With new World Series being added it has dulluted the talent at any one tournament. Here are 5 good ones in no particular order.

PGF
IDT
USA Elite
JO Cup
Triple Crown
I agree Triple Crown USA Nats was stronger before addition of USA Elite Select and this year's USA Softball Futures Cup. TCS was also missing Rico's Firecrackers due to Canada Cup.

Here are top national tourneys going head-to-head:

- IDT / TCS Super Bracket for 14U-18U; Sparkler Jr for 12U

- TC/USA Nats / USAES

- PGF / JO Cup

Jun 29, 2013
We just finished playing in the NSA World Series and had a great time. One DD Played in the then ASA Westerns last year, know grils who played in the Triple Crown WS and PGF this year, have relatives who coached in the Sparkler this year (and who coached in a newer one in Southern CA this year) and am fairly good friends with a coach who was just in Dallas playing USA after he took another team to the IDT. All of them matter to the kids and are a blast so long as you're happy to be there and don't wish you were somewhere else. My .02 is enjoy the moment when you get to wherever you go, there will be tears for just about every team, there will be poor weather and more than half the teams will complain about the umpires (I honestly thought every one that we had was really good, and we weren't even close to winning our age group), it will cost you a lot of money, but you're building memories that will be the most cherished you will ever have. I'm really happy for my friends who went to PGF, Dallas, Triple Crown, etc. But I'll guarantee you none had a better time than DD and I.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598