Most Games In A Single Day?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2018
We had 5 games that were 3 innings, one that was 4 innings and 1 that went 6 innings that is 25 innings. Games were limited to 65 minutes, but still had to finish the inning so you can easily add another 5 or 10+ minutes. Be conservative and call it 5 minutes so that is 70 min for 3 innings. So 70/3 x 25 innings is 9.7 hours of playing time. I wasn't tracking exact inning count, but figure one pitcher did around 14 innings and the other did 11. The team we face in the triple tie breaker had one pitcher and this was their 5th game so she did 4 games x 3 innings and 1 games x 6 innings for 18 innings. Not sure what they would have done if they had one that game and had to play two more games with the same pitcher.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
Illinois
We had 5 games that were 3 innings, one that was 4 innings and 1 that went 6 innings that is 25 innings. Games were limited to 65 minutes, but still had to finish the inning so you can easily add another 5 or 10+ minutes. Be conservative and call it 5 minutes so that is 70 min for 3 innings. So 70/3 x 25 innings is 9.7 hours of playing time. I wasn't tracking exact inning count, but figure one pitcher did around 14 innings and the other did 11. The team we face in the triple tie breaker had one pitcher and this was their 5th game so she did 4 games x 3 innings and 1 games x 6 innings for 18 innings. Not sure what they would have done if they had one that game and had to play two more games with the same pitcher.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is ridiculous to have a 10u pitcher throw 18 innings in one day. It is mid April, none of these tournaments mean anything. Regardless of the age, no one should be pitching 18 innings in one day. The coach should be slapped in the head, and the parents of that pitcher should be slapped in the head also for not standing up a saying something.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Everyone is different but DD was pitching too much for her. I told her to talk to coach or I would. She did and they slowed her down.

There is no manual being a parent but HC's DD has been shutdown from SB a couple times, not just pitching go read a book. My opinion is you would think they would learn, apparently not.

SHE might not be able to move her arm in a few years.

May 3, 2018
Hosted a 10u tournament last year and had games rained out on Friday. Had two teams that ended up playing 6 games in a row on Saturday, and one of them had to come back Sunday morning to play back to back as they lost in the championship game that we were able to squeeze in just before the rains came again. Felt bad for them, but they all had tired smiles on their faces.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Rain today, so tournament was condensed to one-day yesterday. 12u.

Only 6 teams, so three games to sort, then top 4 play to move on, bottom 2 played a consolation.

Games were no new after 90 minutes. In our 4 games we played 26 innings. Fortunately we have 2 good and 1 ok pitchers. So, we got in 2 six inning and 2 seven inning games. We were a little cooked in the semi.

The teams that played 5 games (made it to the finals) played 29 and 32 innings in the day, both with a single pitcher each. Last games of the year for everyone, and thank goodness...those pitchers are gonna need it.

Edit: yesterday ended up being >25% of our fall season innings.

Feb 15, 2017
10 straight ... but that was umpiring, not playing.

Never again though, never again.

Now that you UIC responsibilities I’d do my darnedest to not let that happen. I’ve seen some real troopers out there but they hate doing it because even they will admit its hard being sharp for that long. 1 behind the plate, 1 in the field, 1 off. For as much as we are paying to play some of that “wealth” needs to go back to blue. Better on you, better “product” for the competing teams...only one loses out is those stingy tournament directors/hosts. HA!

May 29, 2015
It was a very unusual circumstance ... short staffed, people didn’t show, etc. We were utterly miserable by the end. What was even stranger was that it was at one of the better places to work (normally). It was one of the first times I had worked there and I was second-guessing the good stories I had heard about the place.

Honest truth ... this is how desperate that tournament was for umpires ... the guy I worked with for the last 5 games had a feeding tube. He couldn’t do the bases, so he did 5 straight plates and I did 5 straight bases. My feet were just worn-down nubs at the end of my legs by the end ...

Aug 2, 2019
Seven with a very young 10u team. On the field for warm ups at 7am, headed out the parking lot with a 2nd place trophy at 11:30pm. The girls held up better than the parents. Mine was snoring before we got out of the parking lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog