More early batspeed?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Right and he attributed that to the hands to the ball instruction he received. I also remember reading somewhere that Trout's old man would tell him something similar and he never had that problem...so what does that tell you?

Focus on the solution !!

Jun 8, 2016
Focus on the solution !!
I added something to my post at the end and it pretty much says this. Which is why when you asked me once what pattern I am going for with Marcela I said I wasn't focusing on a pattern but just what I thought she was doing improperly..

May 12, 2016
Right and he attributed that to the hands to the ball instruction he received. I also remember reading somewhere that Trout's old man would tell him something similar and he never had that problem...so what does that tell you? Pay attention to your kid's swing and don't be tied to any one hitting theory...
All back, all forward should never be associated with hands to the ball or hands down... that’s a separate issue all on its own. Let’s not confuse things here.

Also if Trouts dad told him hands to the ball/down to, obviously he’s been doing this all of his life. There’s you first example of a great hitter who’s been taught this at a young age and still demos/practices it

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Just repeating what the pro attributed his bad mechanics to...the pro said it right....:ROFLMAO:
Again quote modified.

I’m happy to see JD get to a FYB position and fix the steep barrel path, and also stay inside and start hitting through the ball instead of around the ball. Typical problem with ABAF is steep barrel path and swinging around the body.

Also thanks for doing the research to determine if Trout was taught hands to/down to from an early age.. however what makes them the best in the world right now is what they are doing right now.. that's the most important thing. Let’s not start with “and then the earth cooled” ... learn what makes them best right now.

Jun 8, 2016
Again quote modified.

I’m happy to see JD get to a FYB position and fix the steep barrel path, and also stay inside and start hitting through the ball instead of around the ball. Typical problem with ABAF is steep barrel path and swinging around the body.

Also thanks for doing the research to determine if Trout was taught hands to/down to from an early age.. however what makes them the best in the world right now is what they are doing right now.. that's the most important thing. Let’s not start with “and then the earth cooled” ... learn what makes them best right now.
Not modifying where appropriate makes for unnecessarily long and confusing threads.

May 12, 2016
Not modifying where appropriate makes for unnecessarily long and confusing threads.
I understand that. But in this case it’s a partial statement that does affect the integrity. Who do you think you are anyway, all 5’6” of you behind a keyboard... 🙂

Jun 8, 2016
I understand that. But in this case it’s a partial statement that does affect the integrity. Who do you think you are anyway, all 5’6” of you behind a keyboard... 🙂
I'm 5'4" today. The gravity (pun intended) of Marcela's swing flaws has compressed my vertebrae down 2" in the last two days. At this rate my 1 YO will be taller then me by the end of the year.

May 12, 2016
I'm 5'4" today. The gravity (pun intended) of Marcela's swing flaws has compressed my vertebrae down 2" in the last two days. At this rate my 1 YO will be taller then me by the end of the year.
Lolol, I lost my hair, but I waS already vertically challenged anyway. Your DD is going to be a star!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23