More coaching problems

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
What would give you that conclusion? Multiple players over a decade stated much the same about player treatment. There was an investigation that didn't go outside the coaching staff. That type of "investigation" reeks and should be questioned. The player who started this with her social media post was not interviewed. This is exactly the type of atmosphere an abusive coach counts on.
There's a reason the AD isn't there anymore. Was it him taking the fall? If it wasn't then we should see the new AD start an idenpent investigation.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mar 10, 2020
Are you suggesting that this wasn't you? (Emphasis mine)
Don't know why you need to keep coming back at this. Your trying to make a point about what I said but your point was wrong. To further my point, if this website wants to allow anonymous posters to smear campaign other people by their first and last name then they should start a forum for specifically that so other readers don't have to open threads that are supposedly about a softball topic but are really about a smear campaign by pointing out and using another person's real name. If you want to support that go ahead but I don't. Has nothing to do with game changer has everything to do with anonymous person smearing another person by their real name. You can support doing that, but i dont.
This website already shut down the thread because of its content.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
To further my point, if this website wants to allow anonymous posters to smear campaign other people by their first name then they should start a forum for specifically that so other readers don't have to open threads that are supposedly about a softball topic
To be fair, that other thread was titled “This is why I don’t trust people” (or something like that) so I hope you were not expecting a nuanced discussion on first and third situations when you decided to click on it..🤷🏽‍♂️

Mar 10, 2020
To be fair, that other thread was titled “This is why I don’t trust people” (or something like that) so I hope you were not expecting a nuanced discussion on first and third situations when you decided to click on it..🤷🏽‍♂️
If I recollect correctly the first page mentioned nothing about the person who was targeted later in the thread by the OP.
Without referencing the names of other websites that are full of trash talk this one doesn't need to sink to those levels.
Thats my .02 on it.

Jun 8, 2016
If I recollect correctly the first page mentioned nothing about the person who was targeted later in the thread by the OP.
Without referencing the names of other websites that are full of trash talk this one doesn't need to sink to those levels.
Thats my .02 on it.
Yes you have made your opinion clear. I personally think the mods on here do a decent job. If you don’t think so then you can be proactive and not click on threads which have titles like the ones being discussed..that is my opinion.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2013
Thats my .02 on it.
When people are discussing true factual events that multiple people have proof of including screenshots before said proof was inexplicably (maybe not since they were found out) removed then it is NOT a smear campaign - it is merely the truth 🤷‍♀️ You can argue over and over extraneous fluff and "your opinions" but ultimately everyone else agrees on the subject of how wrong that coach was. I don't care if he did or didn't make the changes - his admin credentials were used and he is ultimately responsible for the actions of all of the staff on his team - including the person scoring games.

RE EKU - when multiple players come out and say the same thing then it goes way beyond the realm of gossip. I say good riddance to the AD and I hope the coach eventually gets fired as well. In this time when mental health has finally become a topic in the forefront we don't need this kind of baloney coaching. Yeah - I get it - you survived just fine back in the day, heck my husband says it all the time, but it doesn't NEED to be that way. It is not the way to treat people and ultimately it does more damage than good.

Dec 11, 2010
Not commenting on the specific EKU situation but the comments sound exactly like my older DD’s coach and staff. It even sounds like a coach that staff “mentored” who is currently a d2 coach.

There is a story about the coach providing a meal to players after a tough loss. The meal was served with an icy stare as the coach walked down the aisle of a bus, flipping a frozen Hot Pocket to each player.

This is a “Hall Of Fame” coach btw and it’s been like this for ummm…. 3-4 DECADES. They will never dump her. If she doesn’t drop dead first, she will do a farewell season and retire with glorious honors one day. Her equally Jekyll and Hyde assistant will get the open spot and keep the good vibes going.

People, the coach you see on the recruiting trail isn’t always the face you see when the player arrives on campus.

I‘m pretty thankful for the coaches my younger dd has. They feed the players well. I doubt any d1 team environment is perfect but dd is in a pretty good place.

eta: There are parents who assume that college coaches are super special people with super special knowledge and abilities. The truth is they are human and usually come with all the same faults and defects the rest of us poor slobs come with.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802