More coaching problems

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2022
Sounds like a peach of a lady. Doesn't seem it was enough to warrant any official reprimanding, though. A person can get away with an awful lot without violating the official rules, though. I've never been a fan of aggressive coaching, although I understand it to an extent. There's a real difference between aggressive and abusive, though.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
This was a BIG TO-DO that got quietly swept under the rug. A 2 week internal investigation by the college itself that used only the coach's word that nothing untoward happened as evidence to refute the allegations. Then you have the NCAA that hasn't made a peep although they should be investigating it as well.

An entire thread was dedicated to it on another site...well, most of it anyway.

https://www.thesoftballzone.com/community/index.php?threads/enjoy-it-while-you-got-it.256497/

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Gossip hype.
What would give you that conclusion? Multiple players over a decade stated much the same about player treatment. There was an investigation that didn't go outside the coaching staff. That type of "investigation" reeks and should be questioned. The player who started this with her social media post was not interviewed. This is exactly the type of atmosphere an abusive coach counts on.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
What would give you that conclusion? Multiple players over a decade stated much the same about player treatment. There was an investigation that didn't go outside the coaching staff. That type of "investigation" reeks and should be questioned. The player who started this with her social media post was not interviewed. This is exactly the type of atmosphere an abusive coach counts on.

The guy who said it was "gossip hype" also thinks proving that a travel coach was fudging past scores in GameChanger to make his team look better is "gossip," so I'd just take the post with a grain of salt.

Jun 27, 2021
Read last week ETSU AD stepped down after another allegation to his program surfaced. Cost him his job by not addressing these types of issues.

Mar 10, 2020
The guy who said it was "gossip hype" also thinks proving that a travel coach was fudging past scores in GameChanger to make his team look better is "gossip," so I'd just take the post with a grain of salt.
Don't make false accusations. What I was commenting on was a poster on this discussion forum started a post about a topic but was actually targeting a coach by name. That is the gossip part the poster on the forum.It is just as poor form as the game changer topic. Equally the poster who dragged someone through the mud is just as bad form.
My comments about Game Changer are that they are rarely reliable anyway. Regardless of fudging Game Changer the poster on this topic directly wanted to target a person and should have been up front about that in their original post instead they created a false advertisement to draw attention to their main goal of targeting a coach by name. That is hyping up gossip.

As to this thread. When gossip storyline is brought into social media as news it is grandstanding it's gossip. You don't have to have that opinion but i do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802