Mookie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I believe forcing the back foot to skip forward as one of the most disruptive things a hitter can do.. you loose so much energy, back foot ends up skipping forward early and you loose all posture.. what happens to the back foot is a reaction.. anchor it/screw it into the ground and forget about it.. JMHO

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
What's moving Pena's hip?
SXBmQgn.gif

Rhetorical question, just for testing purposes, no need to answer...there's a hint over here if you need one. 🙂

EDIT: Or you can try this as well for some additional "testing" purposes if your curiosity happens to take you there.
I keep trying these moves and just can't feel the hips alone moving. I see this GIF as Pena torquing the core that also is pulling the elbow down to slot. i am not sure exactly what this means, but i just dont think the legs move the hips. i believe (feel) the core pulls the lower and upper thru.

Apr 11, 2015
I keep trying these moves and just can't feel the hips alone moving. I see this GIF as Pena torquing the core that also is pulling the elbow down to slot. i am not sure exactly what this means, but i just dont think the legs move the hips. i believe (feel) the core pulls the lower and upper thru.
First thing he said, the very first thing.... "OK, so now we take a look at how this move works from an anatomy lens. So as the pelvis rotates independently of the torso, it stretches the core muscles such as the interior, and exterior obliques".

So if it's not the torso rotating the pelvis, and the pelvis can't rotate itself (although I'm sure some flat-earther will insist that it can)...what's all that's left to rotate the pelvis? Rhetorical question, unless a someone believes the arms or maybe the ears rotate it.
Don't be a flat-earther....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28