Mookie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Is this like where I show you a picture of the Earth from space showing it too be round, and you still insist it's flat?

giphy.gif

Wait a minute... The Earth is round?!?!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Is this like where I show you a picture of the Earth from space showing it too be round, and you still insist it's flat?

giphy.gif

1590528496282.gif

Here’s a better view Shawn. So you don’t assume to much. I’m the one who showed you the pic and you said flat ! LOL. Do you see mookie as open or closed at foot down? I see him as closed.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
View attachment 17951

Here’s a better view Shawn. So you don’t assume to much. I’m the one who showed you the pic and you said flat ! LOL. Do you see mookie as open or closed at foot down? I see him as closed.

That’s not what you said. You said the pelvis/hips stayed closed from the start to the finish. Being closed at foot plant is an entire different discussion.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Closed all the way through and til finish. This is exactly what you said.

yes they are. His feet are angled to RCF
That’s not what you said. You said the pelvis/hips stayed closed from the start to the finish. Being closed at foot plant is an entire different discussion.

I said his stance stayed closed throughout. His pelvis is closed into foot down. You showed a different angle and started assuming things.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The hips should and better still be closed at foot down. The hips ride the stride. Keep the crease. The hips then rotate and extend (but they do not hump the goat and stand up prematurely). Trying to time hip extension would be a hard teach. Doing it to soon looks bad. Try to take a hard swing and not extend the hips. Careful you will hurt yourself.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Basically I’ve been looking at to many hitters staying back. Looking at my old swing and looking at Mookie shows there is more than one way. We are both moving the pelvis forward without shifting the weight to far forward. Back foot doesn’t skip forward. Perhaps that is my problem, trying to force a movement pattern. Compared to my natural pattern.

More testing. 😎

Aug 20, 2017
Is Mookie using a style IYO? Perhaps a linear to rotation style?

I will post a swing tomorrow. In the swing (which I wish was more too it) the hips move sideways as he strides. He gets FYB in his swing.

Although the hip region moves sideways, he doesn’t shift the weight to far forward. The pelvis turns close to completely open with the hands still back.
Swing Sequence

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802