monkey butt and quad dominance, Are they linked?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2015
Are there scientific studies that show this? Do you have a link? This is interesting.
Yes, there are lots. Start here:
That was a member posting about his research into this. If I recall correctly, it has a few references and links.

Jul 19, 2021
Yes, there are lots. Start here:
That was a member posting about his research into this. If I recall correctly, it has a few references and links.
There's a lot to unpack there but I've been going down this rabbit hole and haven't yet seen a link to the neurological aspect that you described. To me it's mostly about unlocking the mechanical/physiological aspect of the foot/toes in order to use the glutes. Do you have something that shows the neurological link that you talked about?

Feb 25, 2020
There's a lot to unpack there but I've been going down this rabbit hole and haven't yet seen a link to the neurological aspect that you described. To me it's mostly about unlocking the mechanical/physiological aspect of the foot/toes in order to use the glutes. Do you have something that shows the neurological link that you talked about?

An example of this is someone who is a toe walker gets surgery to lengthen achilles tendons because they dont have enough ROM in their ankles to walk normally. 6 weeks after surgery they'll likely still be walking on their toes if they dont develop some new neural pathways for normal walking. They have full ROM to walk normally post surgery but their brain/body is programmed to toe walk.

Jul 19, 2021

An example of this is someone who is a toe walker gets surgery to lengthen achilles tendons because they dont have enough ROM in their ankles to walk normally. 6 weeks after surgery they'll likely still be walking on their toes if they dont develop some new neural pathways for normal walking. They have full ROM to walk normally post surgery but their brain/body is programmed to toe walk.
Thank you Bone. Been wanting my DD's drive off the pitcher's plate to be more explosive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802