Model Fielding ...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Sac Bunt with runner on 1st:

25g89ys.gif

Another great clip for young players to see who has 3B coverage responsibilities when the third baseman fields the ball!
Thanks!

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Another great clip for young players to see who has 3B coverage responsibilities when the third baseman fields the ball!
Thanks!

This is the way I rotate my infield. Note that the pitcher is 1st choice here, but the catcher looks to 3B also.

Nice footwork by 3B. She had her feet set, ready to shuffle to make the throw.

R

RayR

I believe the high front elbow is needed to prevent pushing with the top hand...even if the ball gets air - it shouldn't reach a fielder...

Bad bunting technique. Batter has high front elbow, so when she reaches for the ball, the bat head automatically drops, popping up the ball. She got it on the ground, but she was lucky!

25g89ys.gif

I used to drag and drop bunt as a leadoff hitter....finally videoed myself to check my technique just for laughs.....

3B drop bunt
RR1BBunt.gif

1B drag bunt
RR3BBunt.gif

And a push bunt up the 1B line from the right side
RRRH1BBunt.gif

I get players that can't bunt correctly - push with the top hand and cannot direct the ball....the front elbow is a teach and needs to be elevated.....IMHO...

R

RayR

Crap - I just realized I dumped a bunting post in a Fielding thread...maybe a moderator can move it if this is way too off topic (which it is)...

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Field ball on outside of left foot - drive step with right foot - hop on right foot and throw would be my preference....

Pretty much agree. I played centerfield through HS. As a lefty I would field that ball on the outside of my right foot and go immediately into my crow-hop. It's all one motion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28