Model Fielding ...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2008
good idea but too much video here slows everything down and makes it choppy. I can't navigate from one to another as it jumps. Even writing this is difficult because I have to wait for the words to appear.

You need to get an iMac:)

best tech decision I have ever made.

Oct 25, 2009
Macs are great; I love my Mac Book Pro. But it may be an issue of bandwidth. I'm currently at a MacDonalds and there's no way it's fast enough for all those clips.

I guess it could be an issue on the host server, though.

Aug 2, 2008
granted our pc was pretty old, but with the same connection the mac is light years faster. Even at work our pc's are new and have a fast connection but the model fielding thread is choppy.

May 5, 2008
What I LOVE about the first clip - strong step TO the ball with glove foot. 3b is NOT sitting and fielding square with the weight on her heels. She also does NOT to a back step with her right foot nor does she take extra shuffle steps then GUN the ball to 1b. Pretty efficent play, could've been slightly more fluid after pickup to throw, but overall much better than what I see lots of 3b do (and learn).

Aug 2, 2008
They swing their right leg all the way behind the left foot, causing their weight balance to go behind them too much

The main thing for catchers that creates the flaw is the big swing of the right leg back behind too far, instead of to the center-line.
Steve Huff

Good points, but minor things many kids and coaches overlook. Proper footwork is key.

Nice t have you on here posting steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802