Mizzou going to WCWS!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2008
Missouri whooped UCLA in game 3 of the Super Regionals 9-1. Way to go Tigers! Already got my tix for Hall of Fame stadium this weekend. I hope to see Mizzou play!

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
They definitely beat UCLA--I was surprised about the pitching for both teams. The fireballer for Missouri is certainly good, but she has nothing but a fastball. The UCLA pitcher had a screwball.

What was surprising to me was UCLA losing game 1. Letting Missouri's speedster get to 3rd was ridiculous--UCLA made two back-to-back to mistakes that cost them the game.

Ray

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Coach Earleywine is a fantastic coach. He was also an outstanding player. He really knows the game and can motivate his players. My dd was fortunate to be a "demonstrator" at the National Coaches Clinic and so was selected to work with Coach Earleywine demonstrating some drills.

The question for many is whether he can now make Mizzou a "Power" given his young pitching staff, several key young starters, AND some outstanding incoming recruits. It's going to be a lot of fun watching.

Jun 6, 2009
Coach Earleywine is a fantastic coach. He was also an outstanding player. He really knows the game and can motivate his players. My dd was fortunate to be a "demonstrator" at the National Coaches Clinic and so was selected to work with Coach Earleywine demonstrating some drills.

The question for many is whether he can now make Mizzou a "Power" given his young pitching staff, several key young starters, AND some outstanding incoming recruits. It's going to be a lot of fun watching.

CB,

I was wondering in light of his performance in the WCWS, has your opinion of him been altered.

I was also curious if you could expand on why you think he is exceptional.

I'm not trying to get into a debate and I don't know anything about the man but some of his decisions/statements during the WCWS gave me pauze.

Thanks

Oct 30, 2009
Dallas
DSC00866.jpg

I got to watch them play over the weekend at home. They got spanked by a lesser team, twice. I know their ace is out with a stress fracture on her throwing wrist but that was absolutely ridiculous. That team is way too good to play that way. They didn't make many real errors, just several mental mistakes like taking a throw at 1st for an out and then forgetting about the runner on third and letting her score. Tiger pitching was still pretty decent. They had a few issues trying to hit the corner on a slapper but they did force a lot of pop ups and high fly balls. Those should have been automatic outs but the outfield seemed to be sluggish.
I know coach will get them back to the level they are accustomed to, but wow. Just because a star player goes down is no reason for the team to go down!
Just keepin' it real...

Sep 3, 2009
I got to watch them play over the weekend at home. They got spanked by a lesser team, twice. I know their ace is out with a stress fracture on her throwing wrist but that was absolutely ridiculous. That team is way too good to play that way. They didn't make many real errors, just several mental mistakes like taking a throw at 1st for an out and then forgetting about the runner on third and letting her score. Tiger pitching was still pretty decent. They had a few issues trying to hit the corner on a slapper but they did force a lot of pop ups and high fly balls. Those should have been automatic outs but the outfield seemed to be sluggish.
I know coach will get them back to the level they are accustomed to, but wow. Just because a star player goes down is no reason for the team to go down!
Just keepin' it real...

You should have seen them play last night. Took my dd to watch the home double-header against KU. Two errors in the first game, gave KU an early lead. But then MU brought out the big sticks, and put them down in great fashion. Downright smoked them in the second game.They're not down and out, by any means. The pitching last night was very good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28