Mizuno Release

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2022
Hello. For those of you that commented regarding the Marucci Echo Connect I have a question for you. I just purchased this bat for my daughter in 31/20. We received it last week and are still in the break-in process. I had watched a couple of videos of the bat before purchasing to try to get an idea of the sound that this bat would have. Our first opinions were that the bat had a different sound but ok and it had incredible pop off the bat no matter where it was hit. After getting through about the first 50 balls off the tee, we still feel that the bat has incredible pop, but we started noticing that there is inconsistency with the sound and sometimes (usually when the ball is hit near the end of the bat) we get a very nasty sound like breaking glass/rattle sound (hard to explain). When hit more towards the handle we get a very solid nice sound. When hit in the sweet spot of the bat we usually get a decent solid, but somewhat ringing/echoing/rattling sound. It's the bad sound that has us alarmed and wondering if something is wrong. That sound is inconsistent and you never know for sure when you are going to get the really bad sound. We are rotating the bat from hit to hit. A couple of coaches heard the bat make the cracking/rattling sound on one of my daughters swings and they thought the bat was dead. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and/or have any advice? Thanks!

Jul 19, 2021
Hello. For those of you that commented regarding the Marucci Echo Connect I have a question for you. I just purchased this bat for my daughter in 31/20. We received it last week and are still in the break-in process. I had watched a couple of videos of the bat before purchasing to try to get an idea of the sound that this bat would have. Our first opinions were that the bat had a different sound but ok and it had incredible pop off the bat no matter where it was hit. After getting through about the first 50 balls off the tee, we still feel that the bat has incredible pop, but we started noticing that there is inconsistency with the sound and sometimes (usually when the ball is hit near the end of the bat) we get a very nasty sound like breaking glass/rattle sound (hard to explain). When hit more towards the handle we get a very solid nice sound. When hit in the sweet spot of the bat we usually get a decent solid, but somewhat ringing/echoing/rattling sound. It's the bad sound that has us alarmed and wondering if something is wrong. That sound is inconsistent and you never know for sure when you are going to get the really bad sound. We are rotating the bat from hit to hit. A couple of coaches heard the bat make the cracking/rattling sound on one of my daughters swings and they thought the bat was dead. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and/or have any advice? Thanks!
My advice is to not pay a dime to any coach that thinks a bat is dead after hearing it hit one off the end of the barrel because they are clueless! Lol........

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The Echo Connect has a different sound than most other bats. In fact, what you describe is very consistent with my daughter's bat. The end of the bat has a different sound, but the ball does fly off the barrel when you hit it on the sweet spot.

I wouldn't worry to much about the inconsistent sound unless you see cracks develop, which is rare in the Marucci line, compared to other brands.

Aug 29, 2022
The Echo Connect has a different sound than most other bats. In fact, what you describe is very consistent with my daughter's bat. The end of the bat has a different sound, but the ball does fly off the barrel when you hit it on the sweet spot.

I wouldn't worry to much about the inconsistent sound unless you see cracks develop, which is rare in the Marucci line, compared to other brands.
Thanks for your reply and advice....thats what I was looking for. I have experience w/ Marucci Alloy baseball bats but this is my first experience with composite fastpitch bat.

May 28, 2019
Thanks for your reply and advice....thats what I was looking for. I have experience w/ Marucci Alloy baseball bats but this is my first experience with composite fastpitch bat.
Marucci has different sounds. the bat has a solid flex to the barrel so i think that creates some different sounds with different hits. It's a durable bat, just swing and hit its pants off and don't worry about anything for a while. glass break sound completely normal, off its may not create the same sound.

eta: you bought the black n red or the new white dmnd bat?

Aug 29, 2022
Marucci has different sounds. the bat has a solid flex to the barrel so i think that creates some different sounds with different hits. It's a durable bat, just swing and hit its pants off and don't worry about anything for a while. glass break sound completely normal, off its may not create the same sound.

Thanks appreciate the reply/info! Yes, we bought the Black n Red.....last years model at a great price $250

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23