Mizuno power carbon 2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I hate to suggest any bat and say its a sure fire winner for somebody, because you just never know. People have diff tastes as we all know. I will say performance
wise, its definitely there with the PC. Its been most girls favorite out of the bunch by far.

May 12, 2015
I hate to suggest any bat and say its a sure fire winner for somebody, because you just never know. People have diff tastes as we all know. I will say performance
wise, its definitely there with the PC. Its been most girls favorite out of the bunch by far.

sure thing, i understand that. just meant as far as balance and trueness to weight? i dont see any in the bat weight database yet.. any idea what the 23oz bats are actually weighing?

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
sure thing, i understand that. just meant as far as balance and trueness to weight? i dont see any in the bat weight database yet.. any idea what the 23oz bats are actually weighing?

DD's 23/-10 Power Carbon weighs 23.4 oz. Some people say it's balanced similar to the Xeno...lighter swinging than a Ghost and more end-weighted than an LXT or Demarini. Here's an example comparison of MOI's for what it's worth (I'm not endorsing whether the link is accurate or not):

https://www.justbatreviews.com/buying-guide/fastpitch-bat-swing-weights/

Dec 11, 2010

DD's 23/-10 Power Carbon weighs 23.4 oz. Some people say it's balanced similar to the Xeno...lighter swinging than a Ghost and more end-weighted than an LXT or Demarini. Here's an example comparison of MOI's for what it's worth (I'm not endorsing whether the link is accurate or not):

https://www.justbatreviews.com/buying-guide/fastpitch-bat-swing-weights/
27805975-E896-47FB-82BA-A4C89CA9BAE2.jpg

The white pipe is the balance point. It’s easier too look at knob rather than end cap due to angle of shot. From left to right, Mizuno Titanium, Mizuno Power Carbon, Mizuno Carbon 2, ‘07 Rocketech, -8 Ghost. All 33”

Mizuno Titanium 23.6 oz.
Mizuno Power Carbon 23.2 oz
Mizuno Carbon 2. 22.9 oz
Ghost -8 25.4 oz

The Carbon 2 is very good. DD matched her exit speeds of -8 Ghost with the same length -10 Carbon 2. Sounds like a Demarini. End loaded? IDK but hit well. Bat did let you know it on mishits. I personally like that.

The Power Carbon is also very good. Cracks like a LXT. No negative feedback on hands.

I need to do a full review. I had so many kids hit them that I can’t really say one is better than the other, each seemed to fit a different hitter better than the other. Having trouble wrapping my head around it. These bats are good.

I read the justbats review. I’m leaving that alone. I’m not a fan of the baloney they try and spread here at DFP every 6 months.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The Carbon2 is very balanced feel, just like CF's and hollow bats just like them as well. The PC will feel a little more end heavy than the Carbon2 and Demars because
it does have the inner tech. BUT, weight wise the Carbon2 and PC are very close to sticker. We weighed a couple and they are within .4 either way, up or down. Your ghost is gonna
feel more end heavy because it is heavier...not bat science there. The Ghost is gonna run .9 or so over sticker so its gonna feel heavier.

The Ti is a heavier material, so that gonna feel a little more heavy...but its still not terribly overweight, just heavier feel.

And yes WW, I agree with that last comment 100% :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802