Mizuno Demos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Im not a smart man, so numbers aside...haha, but these bats are legit which is why I am sending them out to people for them to see and test.

It just opens up another avenue for someone to think about and consider. Most people that swing them, first thing they say is...wow.

May 19, 2016
So whats the difference In the Carbon1, Carbon2, and Power Carbon?

Core price on Power Carbon?

Apr 16, 2013
If there's any chance of a rep getting a Carbon 2 34 -8 into my daughter's hands, we'd put in some work to compare them. Seems like the C2 is the only one that comes in 34 -8. We had a demo day not far from here, but the best they had was a 33/23 PC. Not going to even look at something we'd never buy. :(

Dec 11, 2010
Mizuno has in the past offered low drop fastpitch bats that other companies don’t. Seems like I saw a -5 Mizuno fastpitch somewhere. When the new Easton line first came out there were not low drops immediately available either so I would guess sometime when they feel they are caught up with the most common sizes you will see expanded production.

I’m looking forward to having dd try the -10 33’s, she is currently swinging a lower drop 33 so it won’t be apples to apples comparison but it will be close enough. She needs to move up to a 34 this winter and lobbied for a 34/25 but I’m thinking 34/24 for a little added adjustability.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If there's any chance of a rep getting a Carbon 2 34 -8 into my daughter's hands, we'd put in some work to compare them. Seems like the C2 is the only one that comes in 34 -8. We had a demo day not far from here, but the best they had was a 33/23 PC. Not going to even look at something we'd never buy. :(

Nobody is going to be able to send you this bat, they would basically be writing it off as nobody else would wanna demo it.

There is a reason most demos that are out there are 32/22 and 33/23's...you have to get the most popular bats out to get the most girls to swing it. Mizuno sending someone
a 34/26 isn't going to do much for them, and it wastes a demo for the store.

Btw, its not gonna outhit the DC ;)...the Power Carbon would do well

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Mizuno has in the past offered low drop fastpitch bats that other companies don’t. Seems like I saw a -5 Mizuno fastpitch somewhere. When the new Easton line first came out there were not low drops immediately available either so I would guess sometime when they feel they are caught up with the most common sizes you will see expanded production.

Problem will always come with the fact that cost/production per sales isn't worth it for most manufacturers to make much below a drop9. 8 is pushing it and Im surprised anybody
offers it still.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
Power Carbon 33/-10 arrived in the mail today. Weighs in at 23.6 oz with the wrapper. Not really a purple bat fan but it looks nice and the college my DD will be attending wears purple...so there's that. Has a nice sized barrel about 12.5"-13". I'm surprised at how balanced it is; the balance point is roughly 1" closer to the knob than the 33/-10 Ghost. I saw an MOI chart somewhere that had the Power Carbon at slightly end-weighted, similar to a Xeno, but that doesn't seem right with this bat. I'll have to make sure my DD likes the weighting before unwrapping, or it might be going back for a drop -9.

Jul 25, 2018
A little feedback on the Power Carbon I picked up from Core a couple weeks ago. My DD was able to swing it last night for the first time. Let’s just say that I’m glad I had an L screen to protect myself…this bat is scary. I gathered some exit speeds off a tee and it averaged about 6 mph faster than her Mako and Combat. The sound takes a little getting used to, but she absolutely loves the bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478