Mitt for bucket dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
I know this has been posted before but all the recommendations have been discontinued. I definitely don't have big hands but most of the fastpitch catcher mitts I have tried have been too tight in the opening and finger stalls.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
With one DD pitching and the other DD catching I (luckily) don't have to do as much bucket time as some ogf you guys but when I do I've been reaching for the Liberty Advanced over her Vinci. Finger stalls are definitely a bit roomier.

Chris Delorit

Apr 24, 2016
Green Bay, WI
Hi Brian,

Have you tried a butterfly net? :D

Just use a batters glove, a piece of foam, or even ... try to get better catching in the horseshoe rather than the palm pads.

Oh yeah, and toughen up a little bit. ;)

Chris

Nov 18, 2015
Other colors are available - but I fell in love with the Navy on this one:
https://www.closeoutbats.com/rawlings-liberty-color-series-rlacm33fpwns.html

I don't think I would ever choose white as a "game" glove - but I'm also not throwing it down in the dirt between innings.

I also don't think I have above average hand-size - finger stalls seem normal to me.

This series is usually one of the recommendations due to fitting a male hand easier, and also usually in the discussion for thumb protection.

I got it last fall, and after working on it for a few days, was able to use it in a "coaches" game later that week. Only had one ball pop out that I felt I would have caught with a full break-in.

I also paid less the than $159 that's on the link - maybe $110 with one of the coupons you get every other day from the online vendors.

I'll also add a plug for Vinci - I bought a baseball catchers mitt - instantly adds +10 mph to any pitch due to the great "pop" sound from the glove!

Jul 3, 2018
I bought a Rawlings Liberty Advanced 34 a few months ago and I have enormous hands, fits me fine now that it’s good and broke in. I will say the break in period was long..took a while, but it’s a great mitt for a dad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478