Mitt for bucket dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
I have been using a Nokona for a while. DD is throwing hard and over the last few months my thumb has take a beating. I picked up an Evo Shield for my thumb. It fits perfect in the glove and after an hour of catching my hand feels fine.

Jan 28, 2017
I picked up an All-Star CMW3000 for less than $100 on a black Friday deal. I use it to catch softball and baseball pitchers. Soon, I'll hand it down to DD. Lots of protection. Well worth it at full price. Awesome glove.

https://www.all-starsports.com/cmw3000.html

Great glove. I have small hands and had thumb surgery around 40 years ago. I haven't had any issues with my thumb while using it the last year. I was a catcher that had to move to the infield as a HS player due to my thumb. Now, if I could only see again.

Oct 4, 2018
Love this one. Comes 100% broken in and fits big hands.

Apr 28, 2019
I know this has been posted before but all the recommendations have been discontinued. I definitely don't have big hands but most of the fastpitch catcher mitts I have tried have been too tight in the opening and finger stalls.
Hi- I would go with a Rawlings Liberty Advanced 34” mitt. I have the Worth version and my daughter has the Rawlings all white model. Great gloves!!! A little stiff to start with but breaks in easy and plenty of padding!!! Also you can get 1 for around $100 if you shop around!!!

J.Galt

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
I have a Nokona kangaroo catchers mitt that took forever to break in. I got It Mary Nutter 2 or 3 years ago and almost gave up on it after about 6 months because it was so stiff

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I took a chance and got this Boombah Veloci on Ebay for $60. I like this mitt a lot, it is huge with plenty of room and still a good deal for the $99-free shipping that they are selling it for. It is stiff just like their break-in meter says. I used a lot of lanolin on the areas that should flex along with the wife's hair dryer, it really 'pops' when the ball comes in. I got pure lanolin at the drug store, it is used by nursing mothers, guess where?

Oct 7, 2015
I just use a mens baseball catchers mitt. It works fine and it fits! I initially tried on so many softball mitts and none of them fit well. The mens catcher mitt works perfect.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse