Mitt for 10U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2019
Any recommendations for a mitt for a 10, new to catching. Initially I planned on buying a quality 1B mitt to use, since she usually plays there (team needed a catcher). However, I’m thinking i May need to reconsider a decent mitt that will be easy to squeeze, light, etc.

Apr 28, 2019
Any recommendations for a mitt for a 10, new to catching. Initially I planned on buying a quality 1B mitt to use, since she usually plays there (team needed a catcher). However, I’m thinking i May need to reconsider a decent mitt that will be easy to squeeze, light, etc.
Hi-
Hi- Does your daughter have catcher gear?

Jul 16, 2019
Not yet, we are just using the team’s set right now. We are going to look at some tomorrow, but all we have is a few big box stores. If we don’t find anything, we are likely going to get the All-Star Player Series set and go from there.

Apr 28, 2019
Not yet, we are just using the team’s set right now. We are going to look at some tomorrow, but all we have is a few big box stores. If we don’t find anything, we are likely going to get the All-Star Player Series set and go from there.
Ok it sounds like you already decided to buy new gear. I was going to offer a set my kids outgrew a while ago. Their starter set was the Slugger series 5 intermediate set.
I may have a slightly used mitt if your interested. Mizuno Franchise 34”. The kids haven’t touched it since I got them a Liberty Advanced mitt last season. We had an Easton before that which we gave to a young aspiring catcher in our area so Mizuno didn’t get much use.

Jul 16, 2019
We looked at used, but most looked rough, with a like new price tag. I don’t think she could fit an intermediate set.

We looked at used mitts also, but a lefty catchers mitt is hard to find.

Apr 28, 2019
We looked at used, but most looked rough, with a like new price tag. I don’t think she could fit an intermediate set.

We looked at used mitts also, but a lefty catchers mitt is hard to find.
Oh she’s a lefty. Very nice. I can’t help you there only righty gloves.
Many good sites where you can get good quality equipment at reasonable prices.

Apr 28, 2019
What are a few of the sites? Was also wondering if anyone on her sales them at better prices.
HQ4Sports, Baseball Savings, Softball Fans, Baseball Monkey, Direct Sports, Cheap Bats, Softball.com, Softball Junk, Hock Sports, You could try the classifieds on this site. I would try Ebay as well. There may be sellers on this site but I have never used them.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
For online sellers, Look at justballgloves.com. They have an EXCELLENT return policy. Buy 2 or more that you think might be a good option. Whatever your DD doesn't like, send back for 100% credit. I've done this a couple of times. Getting the right mitt is better than getting the rock-bottom price on the wrong mitt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802