Mitt for 10U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
We looked at used mitts also, but a lefty catchers mitt is hard to find.

If you hit it right, you find the left handed mitts on deep closeout prices. At least, every time I'm looking for mitts, that's what I seem to find. You're mileage may vary since that's what you're looking for. For a while, there was always a lefty catcher's mitt in the Amazon warehouse/returns store. I'm guessing people sometimes order the wrong handed mitt, and it gets sent back.

Jul 16, 2019
For online sellers, Look at justballgloves.com. They have an EXCELLENT return policy. Buy 2 or more that you think might be a good option. Whatever your DD doesn't like, send back for 100% credit. I've done this a couple of times. Getting the right mitt is better than getting the rock-bottom price on the wrong mitt.
Looks like justballgloves are limited to 3 left hand throw under 34”. Each are youth 31-1/2”: Mizuno Prospect, All-Star Pro, and All-star MVP

Jul 16, 2019
Not the glove you're looking for, probably not the glove I'm looking for, but every time I see the left handed nokona catchers mitt on for $179, I'm a little jealous of lefties.
I see a couple used ones for 180-200 on just gloves, trying to find the differences in the L and W models. Do Nokona’s have deeper webs? Really surprised to see a 32-1/2” model for $400 new.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I see a couple used ones for 180-200 on just gloves, trying to find the differences in the L and W models. Do Nokona’s have deeper webs? Really surprised to see a 32-1/2” model for $400 new.

There are some top level-players that prefer a slightly smaller mitt. If I recall, Jenny Topping (Olympic champ, and a lefty!) prefers a 33.

Also, mitt/glove sizes are not consistent from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
Check out SidelineSwap.com as they have new and used equipment. There’s a new 32” Worth Shutout on there right now for 40 bucks shipped. Also a new 33” Xeno for 100 shipped.

Walmart dot com has the 33" Xeno left hand throw for $50. I've only messed with them on the shelf, and they seemed stiff (which to me is a good thing).

Open web, single hinge, finger hood. What's not to like for that price?

LHT Xeno Catcher's Mitt link

Jul 16, 2019
Ended up finding a used Mizuno Prospect Select 32-1/2" on Justballgloves.com for about $35 shipped. I figured it would be in bad shape, but wanted something for her to start practicing with and use in a tournament in a couple weeks, until I decide on the Vinci Fortus. The mitt came in yesterday and looks new, it isn't even broke in yet.

May 21, 2014
Vinci Fortus 32.5 is a great 10u mitt. Has the great Vinci padding without being an overwhelming size. Gives the feel of a real catchers mitt for when she moves up to a 12" ball. For under $100 they are tough to beat and resale after using it is good too.

May 7, 2015
SoCal

I'm a huge Nokona fan, DD has a custom 32.5 catchers mitt, had an x2 (which I had factory refurbished), I have an X2-1200 utility glove, son has a Alpha S-100... Anyway, attached is a pic of the refurbished x2 32.5" catchers mitt. They are "round" and bigger than their 32.5" indicates. FWIW, this glove has seen 2 years of service with DD and another 2 years from previous owner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee