Miken Freak Black comparison

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
Curious what’s your daughters issue with the Ghost? Ah yes the Xeno. Good choice consistent durable tough to beat. Everybody likes to claim the bat they swing is better than the Xeno. Wonder why that is. Maybe the Xeno is the standard all other bats are measured? Has she ever tried an LXT?

She swung one at a batting cage....just didn’t like the way it felt. She hasn’t tried the LXT. It is hard to get her to try any new bats....or anything else. Once she likes something, that is it. We had to tape the inside of her ringors because she did not want us to buy her a new pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2019
She swung one at a batting cage....just didn’t like the way it felt. She hasn’t tried the LXT. It is hard to get her to try any new bats....or anything else. Once she likes something, that is it. We had to tape the inside of her ringors because she did not want us to buy her a new pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand. She knows what she likes. Change can sometimes be good though.
If she is strong and has good bat speed she is better off with a slightly end loaded bat. If she could improve bat speed balanced is the way to go.

Sep 1, 2014
I had an original freak, it was so hot, right before it broke, it should have been illegal.
I still have my 32/22 sitting in garage - only has about one tournament of swings and a little scratch on it. Basically brand new. My daughter didn’t like it - wanted the sound of the LXT. I will sell it if someone wants it.

Apr 28, 2019
I still have my 32/22 sitting in garage - only has about one tournament of swings and a little scratch on it. Basically brand new. My daughter didn’t like it - wanted the sound of the LXT. I will sell it if someone wants it.
What do you want for it?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
After DD MFB broke, we got her the Rawlings Quatro.

The Worth 2Legit was actually the successor to the MFB, then the 2Legit went to the Quatro. It was all just in house
re-organization. Miken gave their fastpitch business to Worth, then Worth gave the market to Rawlings.

BUT, the MFB was very different as weight was nowhere near the 2Legit or Quatro. The MFB was VERY balanced
and actually felt like it swung lighter than the stickered weight. The 2Legit and first Quatro were an ounce heavy.
So thats prob why she didn't quite get same feel and liking.

I actually bought a few MFB's before MIken was sold out and wish I bought more. It was a hidden gem because Miken
just never promoted their fp bats as they were more concerned with slowpitch…both Miken/Worth pretty much
are just slowpitch right now.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And as for a bat that compares...prob not going to find one "feel" wise exactly...closest is prob the balanced Q-Pro
but still wont be same feel as that bat now has the inner barrel and still runs a tad heavier. A regular CF may feel close weight wise,
but feel is completely diff. The LXT, Xeno and Ghost will be heavier feel and they all have inner tech as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812