Middle School Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Have a friend looking for a good solid glove for a pitcher/utility player. She has never played TB but could be very good. Her family isn’t athletic minded at all. She is, love the kid. Looking for a glove around $100.

Feb 25, 2020
How old and how big? I only say this because I know some MS girls who look like 4th graders and also some who look like theyre about 20.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Double the budget, might not that much with sales, and she might have it for the rest of her life. DD is 21 and still uses her MS mitt which is an AKADEMA. I dought she will ever get another mitt. .

People on here seem to dislike the brand for various reasons so I am not going to recommend the brand but I would push the money up a little bit is possible. It might be her forever mitt.

Mar 15, 2019
California
If a lefty, these Mizuno Pro Select fastpitch gloves are made of good leather, but the hand stall does run a bit big.

If a righty, same brown Mizuno as above but in an 11.5" size:

Or an 11.75" Easton Small Batch (hand stall is smaller than Mizuno; FYI, my 13 yo DD has an 11.75" Easton glove like this one and plays P, SS, 3B, some OF, fits her hand very well [long and thin fingers/wrist]): https://ballgloves.com/easton-small-batch-35-baseball-glove-11-75-right-hand-throw/ (make sure to use the 10% code)

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019
California
My DD tried on a Rawlings Liberty 11.75" and 12" and she said that it looked nice and felt comfortable, but the palm had a pad that felt like it wouldn't last. Almost felt like a gel pad. I know many like them, but if they are looking for it to last, it would only go a season or two depending on how much she played.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My DD tried on a Rawlings Liberty 11.75" and 12" and she said that it looked nice and felt comfortable, but the palm had a pad that felt like it wouldn't last. Almost felt like a gel pad. I know many like them, but if they are looking for it to last, it would only go a season or two depending on how much she played.
In a Rawlings, either a leather palm pad or no palm pad, Poron pads are junk, stay away!

Jan 28, 2017
In a Rawlings, either a leather palm pad or no palm pad, Poron pads are junk, stay away!
Anything around $150 better? She pitches, plays 3rd, and OF. Right handed. Could be a really good player but only plays a couple of months a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802