Middle infield glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Well maybe they do -Just every girl I have shown one too just says "eww that glove is ugly" :p Things are going well, ramping up for the all important Pre-Juinor year summer
Good to hear, take it all in cause it'll fly by, trust me! As far as a full trap glove, if I had a DD who was a outfielder playing high level TB, she'd be using a trap glove!

Jan 8, 2019
Well maybe they do -Just every girl I have shown one too just says "eww that glove is ugly" :p Things are going well, ramping up for the all important Pre-Juinor year summer
I would have to agree. As much as I'm learning to appreciate gloves, this is my first reaction to most full traps. They just look like gloves for sleestaks!
1579017372218.png
14U Land of the Lost Ultra Gold Elite Pylon Raiders '06 National TB Team photo

Then, after I revisit my childhood for a few minutes, I think, man I wish I had one of those when I was still playing OF.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I would have to agree. As much as I'm learning to appreciate gloves, this is my first reaction to most full traps. They just look like gloves for sleestaks!
View attachment 16044
14U Land of the Lost Ultra Gold Elite Pylon Raiders '06 National TB Team photo

Then, after I revisit my childhood for a few minutes, I think, man I wish I had one of those when I was still playing OF.
Sleestak.................geez Lemond, you went way back!!

As far as a full trap glove, this right here is straight fire!!
thumbnail (91).jpgthumbnail (94).jpg

Dec 5, 2017
Since this thread was about middle infielders gloves I will jump in with a quick question. Dd is going to mainly play ss on her team she just joined last fall. She needs a new glove-11 1/2 too small? I want to get her the smallest, lightest glove that will still get the job done as her hands are so small and she complains that her current 12" is too heavy.

Jun 8, 2016
Since this thread was about middle infielders gloves I will jump in with a quick question. Dd is going to mainly play ss on her team she just joined last fall. She needs a new glove-11 1/2 too small? I want to get her the smallest, lightest glove that will still get the job done as her hands are so small and she complains that her current 12" is too heavy.
11.5" might be too small for a 12" ball or it may not. Some gloves "play bigger" than others it seems. My DD currently uses a 11.75" glove with a 12" ball and it is fine. Her new glove which we are breaking in is a 12" glove.

That said I am still using a 11" Walmart glove and I don't have any issues catching a 12" ball albeit I am not backhanding many balls these days :LOL:

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
All-Star still has their dedicated 11.5" fastpitch glove, and it can be had pretty cheap! With it's 3-finger design, I'd imagine this glove is ALL pocket!! And since this is a "softball" glove, I'm sure it's designed to handle a 12" ball........

How old is your DD? I'm with pattar, no way would I go looking for an 11.5" glove for softball, but again, her age and softball size? And if weight is a huge concern, contact Drakemir and see about a mesh 12" Vinci MEO24, great infield pattern!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@MikeP , I didn't know this but Mizuno is offering an 11.5" Pro-Select fastpitch glove, definitely more expensive, but probably 3X the glove that All-Star is!

I'd be much more inclined to go with this 11.75".

Be warned, if these are like the Pro-Select baseball gloves, they're stiff and will take some real work! Super nice gloves though!

Dec 5, 2017
@MikeP , I didn't know this but Mizuno is offering an 11.5" Pro-Select fastpitch glove, definitely more expensive, but probably 3X the glove that All-Star is!

I'd be much more inclined to go with this 11.75".

Be warned, if these are like the Pro-Select baseball gloves, they're stiff and will take some real work! Super nice gloves though!
She’s 10, just starting our 2nd season of 10u so still using an 11” ball. Didn’t want anything too expensive knowing that an 11 1/2 probably won’t work next year. I was considering an 11 3/4 Bradley since their big selling point is being tailored to youth,smaller hands.

Jun 8, 2016
She’s 10, just starting our 2nd season of 10u so still using an 11” ball. Didn’t want anything too expensive knowing that an 11 1/2 probably won’t work next year. I was considering an 11 3/4 Bradley since their big selling point is being tailored to youth,smaller hands.
Like I said, for my 10 YO DD (who plays SS 99% of the time), a 11.75" glove works fine with a 12" ball. You might want to think about getting a fairly nice 11.75" glove which will last her through 12U.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28