Middle infield glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2019
i'll vouch for this...DD got an FGS7-PT this fall and loves it. Great leather and the Pro Guard palm padding is nice. At the regular retail it's a deal..every now and then it's on sale. !00 day free trial...why not?
Thanks for the recommendation, I love that we now have a couple gloves to consider!

Nov 15, 2019
I have this Rawlings hoh 12.5 fastpitch glove for sale for $150 shipped anywhere in the usa. Tag been remove and play catch with it a few times. Still in excellent condition. PM me your email address I can send you some pictures of it.

That seems like a great price from what I've seen! The 12.5 might be a little bigger then what we were thinking, let me mention it to my daughter. Thanks for posting it!

Jan 8, 2019
I looked through the forums before posting and noticed AnnasDad was the go to glove guy! The issue was that the gloves that were recommended seemed to be closer to the $250 - $300 price range and that's more then I can spend right now.

She will definitely be playing in high school, I've talked to the coach quite a bit and her primary position there will be catcher. For her travel team she's primarily middle infield (which is what I need a glove for) and occasional catcher and OF. I dont want a cheap glove that's going to fall apart, but also I've never broken in a glove so I want to be careful about buying something that might be too hard to do.

Thanks for all your help Lemond!
Glad I could offer anything to help! It was not much more than a couple of months ago that I was asking the same questions for both of my kids and also for my new gloves! Without the folks on this forum (recent and way back history), I would still be in the aisle at DSG asking them to steam my glove (please don't!). There is as much to learn as you have time, and I am still in the early stages.

As far as breaking in, watch the Wilson Aso videos. I like his method for breaking in, minus the water.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Pump the brakes, hold the presses, THIS!!! I'm very tempted myself!! $50 over budget but who cares!

Those discounted Small Batches are an incredible deal, but they're NOT this Spring Training NP5!!

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Now you got me thinking that I need to go buy one of these. Just to have!
Pump the brakes, hold the presses, THIS!!! I'm very tempted myself!! $50 over budget but who cares!

Those discounted Small Batches are an incredible deal, but they're NOT this Spring Training NP5!!
AD - agree that these are great gloves and at a very tempting price for what you get BUT if these are as stiff as the PROS1000 I bought last fall it may be a bit much for the OP's 13yoDD (maybe not) as well as the hand stall is a bit larger than that All Star series in my admittedly very limited experience (sample size = one of each).

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
AD - agree that these are great gloves and at a very tempting price for what you get BUT if these are as stiff as the PROS1000 I bought last fall it may be a bit much for the OP's 13yoDD (maybe not) as well as the hand stall is a bit larger than that All Star series in my admittedly very limited experience (sample size = one of each).
Technicalities Tonk, small technicalities!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101