Middle infield glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2019
You guys were so helpful with recommendations for a catcher's mitt that I'd love to hear your recommendations for a middle infield glove. My daughter is 13. $50 - $150 price range. Thank you!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Looks like you just missed out on a killer sale Walmart had on high-end Mizuno’s.

They do still have this one.......

Probably over budget, see what Drakemir could do a 12” JSJS with a MEO24 hinged single post web for? Being a custom I’m sure it’s over your budget. How about a standard JSJS? Maybe he’s feeling generous?

I could have given you plenty of options till you capped your budget at $150!

Nov 15, 2019
Looks like you just missed out on a killer sale Walmart had on high-end Mizuno’s.

They do still have this one.......

Probably over budget, see what Drakemir could do a 12” JSJS with a MEO24 hinged single post web for? Being a custom I’m sure it’s over your budget. How about a standard JSJS? Maybe he’s feeling generous?

I could have given you plenty of options till you capped your budget at $150!

I wish I had an limited amount of funds, but with having to buy a catcher's mitt too, I have to have a budget ☹️

If I went up to $175, does that give me many more options?

The glove linked above, does it matter that that's listed as a baseball glove?

I know very little about gloves. My DD has only had the $40 type gloves you can get from Walmart until now so I appreciate any help I can get. I searched the forum and saw some recommendations for the Vinci Fortus but then later read that's not geared toward someone playing travel ball and using it regularly.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Christa

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
As far as a baseball glove, that’s just me.......it’s all I’ll ever recommend, despise velcro! Mizuno is finally getting on board and making some FP gloves without velcro.

Jan 8, 2019
This guy ^^^^^^^ will NOT steer you wrong. If you have some time, explore some of his threads and you will learn quite a bit (from my personal and recent experiences)!

If your DD is looking like she will carry the sport into HS, get her as nice a glove now as you think she will tolerate outing in the work to break in. (low price/quality = nice and comfy now, so little break in effort required, but will last a season or so. High quality will hit you in the pocket, and take more time/effort to break in, but will last a lot longer, and not fall apart.)

@ANNASDAD, had I not been looking for a modified trap glove almost exclusively, I was going to ask you what you thought about the Easton Small Batch gloves that are half price on SBF. https://www.softballfans.com/equipment/fielding-gloves/easton-small-batch.html

I doubt they are of the same ilk as the ones you have mentioned in the past, but are they worth a look at $125?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
This guy ^^^^^^^ will NOT steer you wrong. If you have some time, explore some of his threads and you will learn quite a bit (from my personal and recent experiences)!

If your DD is looking like she will carry the sport into HS, get her as nice a glove now as you think she will tolerate outing in the work to break in. (low price/quality = nice and comfy now, so little break in effort required, but will last a season or so. High quality will hit you in the pocket, and take more time/effort to break in, but will last a lot longer, and not fall apart.)

@ANNASDAD, had I not been looking for a modified trap glove almost exclusively, I was going to ask you what you thought about the Easton Small Batch gloves that are half price on SBF. https://www.softballfans.com/equipment/fielding-gloves/easton-small-batch.html

I doubt they are of the same ilk as the ones you have mentioned in the past, but are they worth a look at $125?

Thank you Lemond! Those are probably excellent gloves, great patterns, but please note.........these are NOT the same Small Batches as the one I have listed, these are Japanese tanned leather, but excellent I’m sure, like a HOH.

To the OP, Lemond just answered your question for you, one of these Small Batches would work nicely, and a great deal to boot!

And, if these are like my 12” SB, they have every snug hand stalls!

Jun 8, 2016
My now 10 YO DD has been using this glove for over 3 year (including 5 TB seasons) and it has held up pretty well.
Amazon product ASIN B00S18IS20
I think bought it for around $175

Edit: Looks like the model I linked to is for LH thrower. Not sure if there are any RH thrower versions out there in 11.75" model but it may be worth a search.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I probably wouldn’t look any further, Lemond nailed it! This just can’t be beat for the money!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28