Middle infield glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Looks like I had another victim fall prey to my suggestion of a Rawlings Pro206-6JTB from the Myrtle Beach outlet! Great job and great choice ChrisSB, your DD will love you all the more now! Like shooting fish in a barrel......... ;) 😎

Mar 15, 2019
California
Wow, my DD has always used a small glove, so these gloves mentioned seem huge! In 8U she used a 10.5" glove, 10U a 10.75" glove, now in 12U an 11" glove. All have been Rawlings Prodigy youth gloves (https://www.rawlings.com/product/P110CBB-6/0.html). She plays P, SS, 3B, and some OF once in awhile. No issues with ball coming out. My approach has always been to use the smallest glove possible to enable quicker transfers.

By the way, anyone use the small 9" or 9.5" training gloves that are available from Mizuno, Rawlings, All-Star, etc.?

Jun 8, 2016
Wow, my DD has always used a small glove, so these gloves mentioned seem huge! In 8U she used a 10.5" glove, 10U a 10.75" glove, now in 12U an 11" glove. All have been Rawlings Prodigy youth gloves (https://www.rawlings.com/product/P110CBB-6/0.html). She plays P, SS, 3B, and some OF once in awhile. No issues with ball coming out. My approach has always been to use the smallest glove possible to enable quicker transfers.

By the way, anyone use the small 9" or 9.5" training gloves that are available from Mizuno, Rawlings, All-Star, etc.?
The smaller the better for me but I would be curious about how comfortable backhanding a 12" ball is with a 11" glove.

Mar 15, 2019
California
The smaller the better for me but I would be curious about how comfortable backhanding a 12" ball is with a 11" glove.
As long as she uses good form (staying low in the legs and fielding the ball deeper with her glove near the back foot) she has fielded some nice backhands. She gets into issues when she fields balls that are to be backhanded too far in front because the glove hides the view of the ball coming in.

Mar 15, 2019
California
I definitely understand your approach, but we're talking about a 12" ball in a 12" glove.......it'll be pretty easy to find, grab, and throw!
Hahaha, she does get some looks on her glove at times. We tried a Rawlings GG Elite 11.25" a few months ago, but my DD says it looks and feels big. Wears more like an 11.75" or 12" glove. Just haven't explored more options as she has liked the Prodigy gloves since the first one.

Nov 18, 2015
My daughter plays middle infield as well. I did some research and the best glove worth the money I hope is the a2000. It is 12" has a very deep pocket she plays shortstop. Its a very stiff glove and will take some breaking in. She will be a freshman this summer so hoping the money spent for the glove and durability which they are known for it should last thru highschool.
As a Mets fan - I love the blue leather and lacing. And the look of the longer laces is also growing on me - no idea if they would quickly get annoying flopping around during a game.

I also noticed the longer laces on your wrist strap - the A2000 I got my daughter came the same way. I thought it was a nice touch - leave that part undone to let the player adjust the tightness to their own preference. I was planning on tying those off once broken in, but your other post indicates that it's supposed to left untied - have you seen other players leaving it like that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812