Mevo Plus users...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2015
Just curious to see if anyone has some up with ideas to try and protect the Mevo Plus from rain?

it sounds like the boost battery pack helps, but I’d prefer to not go that route and spend the money, if possible

Apr 20, 2015
The boost is really the way to go...completely water resists the unit and I never worry about it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
While I agree that the Boost adapter does provide water resistance, I always like to have the option of not having to buy something else (in addition to the fact that you lose some adjustment ability with the Boost). This is a solution that we have used for years on GoPro cameras. But it works on the Mevo as well. I realize this is sort of a "farm engineered" solution...but I was raised on a farm. Basically stretching a zip top bag (with a starter hole) over the camera creates a seal, and a drape that covers the lower portion of the camera; namely the USB port which is exposed without the Boost. I generally keep rubber bands in the camera bag, but living in a house with ladies means there is also a fresh supply of hair ties. They work as well to better seal the opening around the camera.

Here's a 4 year younger version of me walking through the process on the GoPro:

MevoWaterProof.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom