Meta X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 8, 2021
After a full fall season of 21 games with tournaments included here are my findings. Our original Meta actually sounded very strange. Especially after 4 other girls switched from Ghosts to Meta’s. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. The bats performance did not change but there was clearly an issues with the internal barrel.
New bat took some time to break in again but my DD’s average went from in the 300’s and batting 7th to 500 and batting 4th. The top 2 hitters currently use meta’s and 5 of the top 6 on the team are also Meta’s. I understand that every situation is different and the girls using the metas mostly also put more time into the sport. Hitting lessons, practice etc.
but I do find it interesting that there seems to be a shift in the mind set. While I completely agree the Ghost is a very powerful bat I myself have a hard time supporting a company that knows it sells a ticking time bomb. Especially when the Meta (for patient people) is a more than viable option with great results to back it up. As far as that Anderson Rockettech bat goes a girl on my DD’s 14u team had it and absolutely hated it. Not only did it sound aweful but it’s performance was sub par at best. The GameChanger app is pretty insightful also. DD has reached on more errors from hitting the ball harder and while she is not a power hitter lead the team with 3 triples and 6 doubles. 2 balls off the fence. She’s about 5 foot 6 and 115lbs.
And to be as forthcoming as possible we’ve tried just about every bat we could get our hands on. Demarini, mizzuno, Easton, Rawlings, Louisville and just about every version of all those brands. So far the Meta has held up the best and preforms the best and most importantly feels the best to her. Enjoy the off season!

Jul 28, 2019
After a full fall season of 21 games with tournaments included here are my findings. Our original Meta actually sounded very strange. Especially after 4 other girls switched from Ghosts to Meta’s. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. The bats performance did not change but there was clearly an issues with the internal barrel.
New bat took some time to break in again but my DD’s average went from in the 300’s and batting 7th to 500 and batting 4th. The top 2 hitters currently use meta’s and 5 of the top 6 on the team are also Meta’s. I understand that every situation is different and the girls using the metas mostly also put more time into the sport. Hitting lessons, practice etc.
but I do find it interesting that there seems to be a shift in the mind set. While I completely agree the Ghost is a very powerful bat I myself have a hard time supporting a company that knows it sells a ticking time bomb. Especially when the Meta (for patient people) is a more than viable option with great results to back it up. As far as that Anderson Rockettech bat goes a girl on my DD’s 14u team had it and absolutely hated it. Not only did it sound aweful but it’s performance was sub par at best. The GameChanger app is pretty insightful also. DD has reached on more errors from hitting the ball harder and while she is not a power hitter lead the team with 3 triples and 6 doubles. 2 balls off the fence. She’s about 5 foot 6 and 115lbs.
And to be as forthcoming as possible we’ve tried just about every bat we could get our hands on. Demarini, mizzuno, Easton, Rawlings, Louisville and just about every version of all those brands. So far the Meta has held up the best and preforms the best and most importantly feels the best to her. Enjoy the off season!

Piggybacking off your post. DD has 4 tournaments in and approx 5000+ swings on her Meta since my last post. Great bat. Zero issues with wobbles, cracking or spider webbing. DD is definitely hitting better with the Meta. I think it has to do with the bat being more true to weight as opposed to her ghost advanced which was 1.7 oz over sticker weight.

Funny story, at DD’s team practice the other night, another dad and I were talking about the ghosts and how hard it is to get these girls to switch to something else. He said he’s just going to bite the bullet and keep buying ghosts. I explained it was hard to make the switch for DD but glad we did. No sooner than 5 minutes later his DD walks up to us with her grey/white double barrel in 2 pieces.

DD was the first one in her org to start swinging the Meta. Starting to see a few more girls swinging them at practices.

Aug 3, 2019
Think I missing something....was it her first Meta or second one that has held up well?

Jun 3, 2021

DD (12 until mid june ‘22) taking batting practice with her new Meta X 33”-10. Loved it. Good pop.

Two tournaments later. Only hit off T with real softballs and real balls in live BP Along with the games. I can’t imagine there are more than 200 swings on it. There is another power hitter on our team who has had one for longer and it has survived just fine.

Attachments

• 5F388DD2-43F5-4707-97B0-3C8AB215472B.jpeg
    5F388DD2-43F5-4707-97B0-3C8AB215472B.jpeg
    521 KB · Views: 66
  • 0E3F351A-D370-4C38-99A9-D54C020A2AE9.jpeg
    0E3F351A-D370-4C38-99A9-D54C020A2AE9.jpeg
    479.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021
The other power hitter on our team with a Meta broke it at this weekends tournament. Something let go on the inside. Very significant rattle when you shook it. At this point I would rather have it replaced by an LXT.

Apr 1, 2017
At this point I would rather have it replaced by an LXT.

My daughter typically has 2 bats "in rotation", in case something goes wrong with one, she has the broke-in backup ready to go. Had an older LXT and a Meta. The LXT broke this spring and we replaced it with another LXT. She used the Meta majority of high school season, but has used the LXT now that travel season is getting going. Likely it's completely mental, but she prefers the LXT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22