Meta X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
My DD is young and her mind is her biggest enemy right now. If she beats a bat to death in a year and needs a new one then so be it. "Feel" is everything to her right now. She doesnt prefer the way the Ghosts feel which is fine. If she loved it then I would get her one and go from there. This whole bat thing is crazy. You want to get them every bat you can but at 3-400 a pop that's ridiculous. It's never the bat but being comfortable is a big part of it. She is using a Meta but really wants to get back to the Mantra. She understand she swings the Meta better due to it being an ounce lighter and more balanced but loves the pop and sound of the Mantra. I figure with those 2 bats I am good for a year or two.

Yes, it's ridiculous.

But uh... you have the two newest hot bats and seems you've had a Ghost.

I'm like two full bats behind you!!!

Oct 4, 2018
Heck I even want her to try an Axe bat but I gotta stop lol. I feel like I want to collect bats lol. I didnt have top of the line stuff when I was young but can offer to my DD. I guess less bays mean more lessons. I'm a new travel dad and freaking out a little. I'm sure a lot of you went through the same thing. Also, in no way am I bashing any bat especially the Ghost cause if she liked the way it felt that's what I would buy.

We pay $50 for hitting lessons and $80 for pitching. Do those for a few months and a new bat is pocket change. :(

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
So just a general question, are ghost users just using their bats out of the plastic to plate? Your not breaking them in like every other composite bat?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
some bats dont require much break in anymore. Some bats do as you have read in this thread. So its not like a few years ago where
you had to put a certain amount of swings on a bat before it warmed up. I always tell people, go out and take a bp session, then
put away for games. Use your beater bat for BP and whatever else after that.

Jun 19, 2016
I held one of these bats for the first time on Tuesday and it is the exact same barrel length as the 2020 LXT. I was comparing a 32/22 to a 32/22. It also seems to be similarly balanced. The sound is definitely different.

Apr 25, 2019
My DD got a 33" drop 10 3 days ago. Been mostly doing tee work in order to break it in. Probably have around 300 cuts on it so far. Exit velos straight out of the wrapper look similar to a well used Ghost so I am curious to see what this thing does after it's been broken in.

Apr 18, 2017
Daughter got a 33 drop 9 a week or two ago. Put about 200 swings on it with tee and soft toss before taking some front toss. Hit 1 ball over a 200' fence in about 30 pitches. She said it felt like she hit that one perfect and it barely cleared the fence. Switched to her 2021 LXT 34" -10 and hit 3 over in 10 pitches. Balls were well over the fence. She will continue to take BP with the Meta and use the LXT in games for now.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Daughter got a 33 drop 9 a week or two ago. Put about 200 swings on it with tee and soft toss before taking some front toss. Hit 1 ball over a 200' fence in about 30 pitches. She said it felt like she hit that one perfect and it barely cleared the fence. Switched to her 2021 LXT 34" -10 and hit 3 over in 10 pitches. Balls were well over the fence. She will continue to take BP with the Meta and use the LXT in games for now.
Why would you go an inch shorter and an ounce heavier from her game bat?? Just curious

Apr 18, 2017
Why would you go an inch shorter and an ounce heavier from her game bat?? Just curious
Her preferred bat size is 33" -9. Her drop 9 LXT cracked late summer, and Louisville wasn't creating any more this year. They gave us a voucher to use on something else. A teammate had an unused 2021 LXT. It was 34", but being drop 10, weighed the same as hers (both 24oz). We bought it from her (only $230) to get by until we got something else. We figured since we already had a new LXT the same weight she liked, we'd try the Meta out. If she ends up not liking the Meta, we'll probably get her a 2022 LXT 33" -9 for next season.

Oct 4, 2018

If you have the time and the money testing bats is really the best way to find the best bat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802