Meta X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2020
So just a general question, are ghost users just using their bats out of the plastic to plate? Your not breaking them in like every other composite bat?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
To clarify "meaningless" in the sense that the hits on the bat are not game hits, practice (soft toss, tee work, machine, wiffle, weighted, machine, etc.) are not meaningless as all of it is needed to work on a swing and have positive results. I am talking about the hits on the bat being meaningless, not your DD.

I can understand DD wanting more consistency on the bat and that is why the bat taking the non game hacks was a 5 stamp that warranty replacement became a 2022 5 stamp and her game bat is a GA (not much difference) and she even has started to use the 2022 5 stamp in games as she liked the performance in her non game hitting work.

I agree the shipping to Easton is frustrating but over the last year my longest wait has been 15 days and i have had zero issues with a return. I am always willing to look for an alternative but to me the alternative is the pop of the ghost without the durability issue. The Mantra, while durable, has way less pop. So far the Meta can't answer the durability question, the pop is definitely not there out the wrapper, and I am waiting to see where it shows out this fall to see if it ever reaches ghost pop on ground balls, line drives, etc to see if it can be a contender but I will not support a bat that does not show me the same pop of the ghost simply because of the durability problem with the ghost.
Well a couple things, The Meta DD got was hot right away and the numbers are getting even better. And yes, better than both the 5 stamp and GA. Well into 2000 cuts now and still looks new. It wont be the same for everyone, but the feel of the bat is the part she loves best. Big sweet spot and the ball still travels on off center hits. I wont bash the ghost and durability, cause it is a good bat, just not the direction we will turn anymore.

Oct 4, 2018
So just a general question, are ghost users just using their bats out of the plastic to plate? Your not breaking them in like every other composite bat?

We break in every bat. Perhaps not as much as we should, but lots of tee work starting with drills (extension drills and such).

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Crap, I just need to buy every bat.

I’m fortunate that my DD is a “if it works dont fix it” kid. I’ve offered buying a Ghost or Mantra and trying it. Her response….”Why? My bats (Xeno) work just fine.”

Now if only I could get myself to think that way. With all the hockey sticks I’ve bought over the years I could supply a local team for a season.

Oct 4, 2018
I’m fortunate that my DD is a “if it works dont fix it” kid. I’ve offered buying a Ghost or Mantra and trying it. Her response….”Why? My bats (Xeno) work just fine.”

Now if only I could get myself to think that way. With all the hockey sticks I’ve bought over the years I could supply a local team for a season.

My DD is the same. Our standard conversation goes like this:

Me: Hey honey, if I bought you a new bat would you try it?
Her: Sure

Jul 31, 2021
My DD has a 'feel' issue in that if she is practicing with a different bat, the game bat 'feel' gets in her head. Consistency of practicing the same thing you do in a game. So just a head case thing for her. She has a busted 2020 ghost that is her practice bat now, so the feel is at least close to the new ghost for games. I am very intrigued by the Meta X though, don't want to continue shipping bats back and forth to Easton.....
My DD is young and her mind is her biggest enemy right now. If she beats a bat to death in a year and needs a new one then so be it. "Feel" is everything to her right now. She doesnt prefer the way the Ghosts feel which is fine. If she loved it then I would get her one and go from there. This whole bat thing is crazy. You want to get them every bat you can but at 3-400 a pop that's ridiculous. It's never the bat but being comfortable is a big part of it. She is using a Meta but really wants to get back to the Mantra. She understand she swings the Meta better due to it being an ounce lighter and more balanced but loves the pop and sound of the Mantra. I figure with those 2 bats I am good for a year or two.

Jul 31, 2021
Heck I even want her to try an Axe bat but I gotta stop lol. I feel like I want to collect bats lol. I didnt have top of the line stuff when I was young but can offer to my DD. I guess less bays mean more lessons. I'm a new travel dad and freaking out a little. I'm sure a lot of you went through the same thing. Also, in no way am I bashing any bat especially the Ghost cause if she liked the way it felt that's what I would buy.

Jun 6, 2018

Daughter has taken last 2 Ghost advanced straight from wrapper to game and hit a home run with it within 10 swings with contact. It was the one previous, where she had 3 homers the first weekend of receiving it that she said they are hot out the wrapper so she was just going to go with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23