Mercy Rule at a Showcase?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Why would Showcase tournament rules allow for a game to end early based upon the run-rule?

Seems like the point is to get as much play in as possible.
This is hard enough with an 1:10 drop dead time limit.
With no elimination bracket play, who is glad to see a Showcase game end early? (except the working umpires...)

Mar 28, 2014
Why would Showcase tournament rules allow for a game to end early based upon the run-rule?

Seems like the point is to get as much play in as possible.
This is hard enough with an 1:10 drop dead time limit.
With no elimination bracket play, who is glad to see a Showcase game end early? (except the working umpires...)
You want the other teams pitchers to throw 200 pitches in one game and be trash the rest of the showcase just so your hitters can have a few more at bats?

Sep 29, 2014
You want the other teams pitchers to throw 200 pitches in one game and be trash the rest of the showcase just so your hitters can have a few more at bats?
I think the point is if its a showcase you are showcasing more than one pitcher? now from batters standpoint you wouldn't want to let up but keep trying to get as many hits as possible, what was the rule 15 at 4 guess that's not terrible.

Mar 28, 2014
I think the point is if its a showcase you are showcasing more than one pitcher? now from batters standpoint you wouldn't want to let up but keep trying to get as many hits as possible, what was the rule 15 at 4 guess that's not terrible.
Showcases do in fact normally feature more than one pitcher but a pitcher only has so many pitches in them during a day. Just trying to shed some light on this from the opposite side. He asked "who is glad to see a Showcase game end early?" and I essentially answered "the pitchers that have other games to throw that day and don't want to get trash arm in one game that means nothing". Is that a bad answer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28