Men's World starts in Iowa

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
The ISC world championship began yesterday in Quad Cities Iowa. If you've never seen men's fastpitch, and are anywhere within driving distance to Quad Cities, I cannot recommend going enough. You may even see women's coaches there such as Lonnie Almeada from Florida State, Pat Murphy of Alabama, Mike Candrea, and current coaches in NCAA will be playing in one of various divisions. But, seeing this first hand is something I wish all softball fans would do. The later in the week, the better the games will be as the "haves" and "have nots" are separated. Teams to watch in particular: NY Gremlins, Hill United Chiefs, Kitchener Twins, and Bear Creek Express. This year seems to have more parity than others.

Check out <iscfastpitch.com> to get directions, etc.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The tournament is at the Green Valley Sports Complex in Moline, Illinois. Great facility...my DDs played there many, many times.

The Quad Cities is composed of Davenport, IA, Bettendorf, IA, Rock Island, IL and Moline, IL.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I got excited for a bit as I will be driving with one of my DD's (the Pitcher) back to Iowa next weekend but then saw that it's on the far Eastern edge of Iowa so it's a no go. Normally, I would have tried to make it happen but driving 11 hours one way and then grabbing a 6am flight back to CO to see my other DD (the Catcher) at the airport one last time before she leaves for the Fall semester and her study abroad program in Amsterdam. Wish we could have caught at least one game live, in person!

Jan 22, 2011
A friend of mine watched games at the NAFA Men's World Series in Eau Claire, Wisconsin yesterday.

Apr 1, 2017
It is so far on the eastern edge of Iowa it is called "Illinois".
Far western Indiana? Far southern Wisconsin?

I will say, the USSSA website has similar issues with tournaments at Green Valley. There are events that are being played at Green Valley that show up when you search for tournaments in Iowa, that don't show up if you search Illinois. I don't know if it's an issue of where the tournament director is located???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802