men's FP live from Florida

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Do they use Fastpitch bats?
Yes, regular bats. The men's fp world isn't big enough that companies would make bats exclusively for men. In fact, I think this past year, 2022 was the last time there will be a white ball used. The world of men's fastpitch is no longer viable for a company to continue making the white ball anymore. Worth K-master balls are being discontinued in white. (So if anyone wants one of my double ball training aids with white balls, you'd better order quick!!)

Personally, I swung a 34/26. Most guys use a 26 or 28oz. I've known a few who used 30z. Jody Hennigar, who's the pitching coach at the Univ. of Buffalo, used something like a 34/34. If you go to their website, look at his bio, he's in almost every HoF imaginable. Unbelievable 2 way talent, pitcher and hitter. He'd DH when not pitching. Bats/throws L and L.

May 21, 2018
Got to Facebook, search NY Gremlins Fastpitch team, they are streaming games with multiple cameras and announcers for the Winter Classic tournament. World #1 pitcher Huemel Mata is pitching for the Lumberkings team.
That Lumberjacks team is based out of DuQuoin Illinois. I know the manager, but wasn't even aware of that until this weekend. Small world.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101