Members, Moderators, and Private Eyes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Speaking as a moderator for a couple of different websites, a lot of sites are having their membership "spoffed." I think that is the correct term. It is possible that it is an automated attack or just some jerk trying to hack in. Facebook is suffering some major attacks for people here in my area.

Jul 30, 2014
I had the same thing 3/13:

Dear INSMAN,

Someone has tried to log into your account on DiscussFastpitch.com - Softball Message Board with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 117.169.1.147

All the best,
DiscussFastpitch.com - Softball Message Board

The IP Address is ISP: China Mobile Communications Corporation based in Beijing, China

Mar 28, 2013
That IP is assigned to Kazakhsta

inetnum: 145.255.160.0 - 145.255.167.255
netname: ALMA_IPv6to4
descr: JSC Kazakhtelecom, Kazakhstan Online Backbone
descr: For Megaline IPv6 to IPv4
descr: Almaty

Borat-Cultural-Learnings-of-Amer...-184498-95.jpg

I want to know how they got my vacation photo from last summer!!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Greatly simplified:

A script goes out and grabs the usernames from the site. The usernames are then used in a dictionary attack of common words and password algorithms. The author of the script just sits back and waits to get lucky. Once you get a match you then attempt the same username and password combination with known financial institution and other eCommerce websites. Then...

Dec 11, 2010
A group of Kazakhstani hackers use my screen name here. They are easy to spot because know a Ton about softball but are long winded, rambling and unintentionally make offensive statements. They use too many commas, too.

BTW, I think they call that swimsuit a racer front.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2014
Same here. I was hoping someone was hacking to post more bragging posts about my kid :D
What these hackers fail to realize is that unlike most other forums, most of us have 6-7 high quality composite bats in our trunks and have females capable of swinging them hard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802