medicine ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
What weight should I buy for a medicine ball. I want to use it mainly for teaching better use of the lower half with my DD, but also for core training. She is 170lbs and really strong. Thanks!

Oct 10, 2011
Thanks Amy. I want to use the drill that I've read about on this site. She still is an "arm swinger" despite all the work.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I have also seen and used a bucket of softballs.I use the bucket that we use for batting pratice.I will put softballs in it and keep adding balls as we go along.Don't forget the lid,not that I have.lol

Oct 10, 2011
Thanks rdbass. I just bought the ball. I used to box for years and loved the medicine ball, so I thought it would be fun to use it again also...at least for a day until I get too sore:)

Oct 10, 2011
DD's form looks so much better with the medicine ball...she actually uses her lower half. Now if I can just get it to translate over to her bat.

Apr 20, 2009
Philippines
to get the correct weight it is important to try the med ball. Get a the heaviest ball you can get and try an exercise...make sure to be able to execute the exercise without compromising form....Try the exercise for several reps...if form changes or is not able to execute properly it must be too heavy...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812