May be a silly brag...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2010
This past weekend, DD's HS team had a double header. DD is usually a pretty big hitter. Leads the team in doubles. Both games of this double header, every AB, DD was told to sacrifice.

My kid laid the most beautiful bunts down to move her runners. The only time she got on base that whole 14 innings, was on errors, but she did her job EVERY at bat. Didn't K once.

I am so proud of the player she has become. To me, it is truly a leader who will happily do her job to keep her teammates safe and advance her team.

Nov 1, 2008
We would have beaten the #2 ranked 2A high school team in the state this weekend if somebody could have laid down a sac bunt.

Dec 19, 2012
This past weekend, DD's HS team had a double header. DD is usually a pretty big hitter. Leads the team in doubles. Both games of this double header, every AB, DD was told to sacrifice.

My kid laid the most beautiful bunts down to move her runners. The only time she got on base that whole 14 innings, was on errors, but she did her job EVERY at bat. Didn't K once.

I am so proud of the player she has become. To me, it is truly a leader who will happily do her job to keep her teammates safe and advance her team.

This is by no means a silly brag. Your dd moved runners into scoring position somewhere between 6 and 12 times with 100% accuracy, without any damage to her average I might add.

Apr 25, 2010
Thanks, everyone for the kind words. Another silly brag...lol. Last night we played Vienna Mathews, which anyone from Ohio knows is a perennial powerhouse around here. The state coach's poll has them ranked 6th, even though they graduated their state champ barn burner and are working with an average pitcher. They have one heck of an outfield. The coach, who has seen my DD play for 3 years now, had his outfield playing her at the fence. Sure enough, she got robbed on a shot that was caught as it was going out...ugh. Would have been a grand slam. Oh well...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Congratulations! I am constantly amazed at the number of players who cannot execute a bunt...and trust me, in a ITB when is it mission critical to score the runner on 2B there are a lot of players who WISH they knew how to lay down a sacrifice bunt.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Yep, tried to explain sacrafice to my dd this year. She was upset about making outs instead of beating out the throw on the bunt. I finally got it through her head that the only job you have in that case is to move the runner. If you beat out the throw to first that is just gravy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45