MaxPrep's Top 25 HS teams

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I hear you and not going to argue. You have valid points on this and I cannot argue against them and won't.

I see it just as you do but also take a different approach. If I am one of those teams playing against one of these "National" ranked teams then I am more pumped then ever to take them down. To me, and just the crazy way I am, I look at this stuff as motivation. Nothing more, nothing less. And when the season is over, many of these teams will be at the top.....but some of them won't be....can't wait to see who get's taken out.

To your point, all sports do it now, and for me, a complete modivation tool for the teams that aren't on it. I want to see who is at the top, and then chop them at the knees. Show me who is best, who is going where, and let me take them down. Just my approach.

Of course, and I think you live in Oklahoma, the spring season doesn't represent well for OK and that stinks. Some of the best softball IMHO is in Oklahoma. Always has been but until they change to the spring (and they won't, which I agree with b/c the weather there stinks in the spring) it will be the way it is. Regardless, OK girls always find there way to top teams so they aren't missing much.

S3

Jun 8, 2016
Of course, and I think you live in Oklahoma, the spring season doesn't represent well for OK and that stinks. Some of the best softball IMHO is in Oklahoma. Always has been but until they change to the spring (and they won't, which I agree with b/c the weather there stinks in the spring) it will be the way it is. Regardless, OK girls always find there way to top teams so they aren't missing much.

S3
We live in Norman, the only top 25 list a Norman HS softball team would make would be "Number of players not playing for OU but still going there because they want to go watch the football games cheap"

Nov 25, 2012
USA
We live in Norman, the only top 25 list a Norman HS softball team would make would be "Number of players not playing for OU but still going there because they want to go watch the football games cheap"
Love it Pattar! Move to Mustang and you may have a softball chance but Norman is a much better place to live IMO. MHS, has a new coach and always been very very good. Norman schools need some help but they will get there. Can't wait to see the new Softball Facilities at OU! By the way, I spent a better part of 5 to 6 years, yes, I couldn't leave, at OU. Love Norman!

Aug 30, 2015
Wow. Amazed to see a team from my old hometown in Az - #24 from Prescott Valley.

When I moved from there 30 years ago, softball wasn't even a high school sport and that town had one stop light.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Surprised to see Garfield, Seattle on there at #20.

Two of the star players listed I heard might not play for the team this year. One other returning starter is definitely not returning.

Their pitcher, the coach’s daughter, just committed to Tennessee a few weeks ago.

Dec 11, 2010
I'm pretty sure we have played T.J. Goelz team in the summer. For the life of me I can’t remember where or when.

That many college commits on one hs team is pretty impressive.

Apr 20, 2015
We're ranked 5th in the state and 4th in 4A right now. I'm eager to get going, but no, I won't take anything away from them. That said, DD is only in 7th grade, New Pal's 7th grade softball team will be our trouble spot (just as it was for our 7th grade girls basketball which beat us for conference). They are pretty much our thorn, all the dang time.
You might get a gift there. New pals 8th grade class is extremely strong but the 7th is not nearly as deep.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I'm pretty sure we have played T.J. Goelz team in the summer. For the life of me I can’t remember where or when.

That many college commits on one hs team is pretty impressive.

TJ coaches Tampa Mustangs TJ - 18U. Last time I looked I think 10 of these girls are on this Lakewood Ranch team.
Their pitching, in particular, is legit. You see very few legitimate dominating pitchers out there and they have 2 or 3. We got to play them once this last travel season and I can say we didn't embarrass ourselves but we also never got a girl past 2nd base.

Jul 29, 2016
My daughter's HS team went to the finals in Georgia. I can tell you there are some very good GA teams, and I'm surprised not a single one made the list.

But, then again, we finished up school ball this year in October.

Jun 8, 2016
Love it Pattar! Move to Mustang and you may have a softball chance but Norman is a much better place to live IMO. MHS, has a new coach and always been very very good. Norman schools need some help but they will get there. Can't wait to see the new Softball Facilities at OU! By the way, I spent a better part of 5 to 6 years, yes, I couldn't leave, at OU. Love Norman!
Heck all I would need to do is move to Moore. My DD is only in 4th grade so maybe Norman will improve by the time she gets to HS if she is still playing by that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802